• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delay of 9E/XJ/9L list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhh...You weren't compensated. Most never were, and the others received a stipend. This was the accepted method of DOH when you accepted the job, and one of the reasons I did not try to work there. Your original DOH actually meets the definition in the ALPA policy, and without the LOA, I don't think you would have a leg to stand on in this. You accepted this fact when you took the job.

If the LOA is used to adjust the DOH. So be it. This is up to Bloch. If you believe Higney, then he has already made his decision on it.

It has nothing to do with my point that the 2 definitions are both fair and valid. This is a process of determining which is to be used. It's not personal, nor is it an attack to your seniority. If anything, assuming the LOA is used, there's gain from ALPAs accepted seniority policy.
I was compensated. I received $400 a week, from Pinnacle, through their payroll system. I was in their HR and payroll deparment. ALPA's merger policy defines DOH as the date upon which a pilot first appears upon the Company’s payroll. I was indeed, HR and payroll confirmed. My bank received checks from them every week. Also, the day a pilot begins initial operational training required to perform such duties in airline operations. My initial operating training was NOT when I completed my sim checkride! By that definition, you're telling me my IOE was when I begain initial operational training for the CRJ? No way, the FAA would never sign off on that. My initial operating training was on my class date. I did the indoc, systems, etc. like everyone else. By both definitions, I meet ALPA's date of hire policy.

Had Mesaba not been bought, their future was just like Comair's. Both were going from a 100+ aircraft down to 60 RJs (44 in the case of Comair). Mother Delta shows no mercy to wholly owned carriers. Comair is still owned, Mesaba got sold (consider luck factor). Your future is nothing like what ours was. Our ASAs were through 2017 for the 200s. If we lost some 200s due to performance, then that is nothing new. As mentioned before, the two lost were extras given due to others being painted. Mesaba had 60 RJs and about 3 dozen Saabs, all of which are being parked. The 7 for US Air will lose once the gate swap goes through. There is no current services agreement for the Saabs. They are heading to the desert, and will be gone within 16 months. bri and others, your career expectation didn't die when the flow ended to Delta. Your expectations were severly hampered by Delta when they announced parking of Saabs. Like it or not, you'd be looking at being downsized to just 60 CRJs, and 9E did the math that it would be about 710 pilot positions remaining at Mesaba. The rest would be furloughed or downgraded.
Aircraft could and were taken based on performance. And ASAs aren't worth the paper their written on. If you don't see or realize this, there's nothing I can do to help.

Aircraft could and were taken based on performance. And ASAs aren't worth the paper their written on. If you don't see or realize this, there's nothing I can do to help.

If you don't see or realize that your Saabs are (and will) be gone, and you'd be down to just 60 RJs that would require only 710 pilots to operate, then there's nothing I can do to help.

The newest dispute stems from philosophical differences of policy interpretation. The two main disagreements are DOH and the ability to correct pilot data per the policy/protocol agreement. However, it is clearly stated in the P/P agreement that pilot data entries can be updated until the completion of the SLI process. The SLI process has not been completed. And obviously coming in as no surprise, XJs newest dispute and their interpretations favor their own pilots.

I was compensated. I received $400 a week, from Pinnacle, through their payroll system. I was in their HR and payroll deparment. ALPA's merger policy defines DOH as the date upon which a pilot first appears upon the Company’s payroll. I was indeed, HR and payroll confirmed. My bank received checks from them every week. Also, the day a pilot begins initial operational training required to perform such duties in airline operations. My initial operating training was NOT when I completed my sim checkride! By that definition, you're telling me my IOE was when I begain initial operational training for the CRJ? No way, the FAA would never sign off on that. My initial operating training was on my class date. I did the indoc, systems, etc. like everyone else. By both definitions, I meet ALPA's date of hire policy.
Were you taxed on the income? FICA, Fed, and State taxes withheld? Did you receive a 1099 or was the income added into you W-2? If you say no to ANY of these, the that money was a reimbursement and therefore not income. My Per Diem checks were written on Mesaba checks too, but not income. Also, there should be an LOA or MOU in your '99 agreement to show how and why those pilots were being paid, since paying them would alter your CBA.

I didn't write or accept your convoluted policies of DOH. Just stating the different sides here.

If you don't see or realize that your Saabs are (and will) be gone, and you'd be down to just 60 RJs that would require only 710 pilots to operate, then there's nothing I can do to help.
I don't disagree. Haven't in any of my posts. But that does not mean that I agree with a "we saved you" argument. We were down to 49 aircraft not too long ago and came through ok. Still made money, and got awarded new aircraft.

Now to your "we saved you" and "we have an ASA" attitude, I say your brought a large crop of POS aircraft that are on the chopping block and we are all going to feel the pain over the next couple of years as they are removed.

Had Mesaba not been bought, their future was just like Comair's. Both were going from a 100+ aircraft down to 60 RJs (44 in the case of Comair). Mother Delta shows no mercy to wholly owned carriers. Comair is still owned, Mesaba got sold (consider luck factor). Your future is nothing like what ours was. Our ASAs were through 2017 for the 200s. If we lost some 200s due to performance, then that is nothing new. As mentioned before, the two lost were extras given due to others being painted. Mesaba had 60 RJs and about 3 dozen Saabs, all of which are being parked. The 7 for US Air will lose once the gate swap goes through. There is no current services agreement for the Saabs. They are heading to the desert, and will be gone within 16 months. bri and others, your career expectation didn't die when the flow ended to Delta. Your expectations were severly hampered by Delta when they announced parking of Saabs. Like it or not, you'd be looking at being downsized to just 60 CRJs, and 9E did the math that it would be about 710 pilot positions remaining at Mesaba. The rest would be furloughed or downgraded.

What do you want to hear? Should I say thank you, and oh-please just let me have a job somewhere. Is that wgat you want?

The newest dispute stems from philosophical differences of policy interpretation. The two main disagreements are DOH and the ability to correct pilot data per the policy/protocol agreement. However, it is clearly stated in the P/P agreement that pilot data entries can be updated until the completion of the SLI process. The SLI process has not been completed. And obviously coming in as no surprise, XJs newest dispute and their interpretations favor their own pilots.

They are doing work to protect some of your pilots too. As I've stated before, I have heard of guys getting taken off the list because they were in a pool somewhere. I have heard of guys all of a sudden showing up on the list. An accurate list will help everyone involved.

As far as union leadership, I am not too worried. Watch this as a little teaser. (not suitable for the workplace or children)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4UeHWPeOrA

Hey genius you ever wonder why you guys were sent to JFK?

Look at what has happened to the last couple of Delta Connections carriers that were sent there. Then tell me how secure your job is?

If you have a crystal ball then please tell us how everything is going to turn out, otherwise STFU!

Hey genius you ever wonder why you guys were sent to JFK?

Look at what has happened to the last couple of Delta Connections carriers that were sent there. Then tell me how secure your job is?

If you have a crystal ball then please tell us how everything is going to turn out, otherwise STFU!

Well look at it this way, if they take away most of the -200's this company will finally be staffed correctly. *shrug*

Latest resources

Back