• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Declining Glories: The Airline Career

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BBB: Go check some of 80s posts over on the regional forum.

You will be looking for another ally soon.

FJ

This is still a great career, to be paid in the upper 5% of US income earners to do something you like. Most people will never expereince that.
Now if you do not like flying this is a terrible job.

Finally, we've identified the problem. Look in the mirror dude.

I was never referring to average wages at the airlines; I was referring to the senior position at your airline. From what I have seen on airline pay, almost every regional has the 82K mark on their pay scale. It can be done.

Hey aren't there starving babies in Africa somewhere?

I was never referring to average wages at the airlines; I was referring to the senior position at your airline. From what I have seen on airline pay, almost every regional has the 82K mark on their pay scale. It can be done.

Which puts them in the top 20%, not the top 5%. Very few pilots in the US will ever see the wages that will put them in the top 5% of wage earners.

It CAN be done at some regionals. 20 year CA, maybe. Is that where you want to end up?

Also, I am, like some others here, really tired of this "white liberal guilt" thing that some pilots on this board seem to have regarding salaries and having a job that you enjoy. "Well, you like your job.....so you must pay back a 47% 'I like my job tax'. " That's like saying that since I love my lady she shouldn't be as good looking as she is. "Sir, since you love your wife we are going to have to cut up her face and remove a breast."

Last edited:
Not bad pay

800 dog, again you do not have to stay in the job at the regional, you can move if you are lucky into LLC level or the major level and be in the upper 10% or 5%. The job may not be paying what it did in the past, but it is still a good paying job. All those who feel they have the answer to pay higher salaries to pilots, should put their plan together and present it to Wallstreet to get the funding and create the dream airline job.

Last edited:
Very few pilots in the US will ever see the wages that will put them in the top 5% of wage earners.

Dude... you're a crack baby. Ain't no other way to explain your irrationality. :smash:

There's probably 20,000 major airline pilots making $150k+ and the rest (30,000 or so) will eventually upgrade and also make it.

If that's "very few"... then you nailed it pal! :laugh:

BBB

Dude... you're a crack baby. Ain't no other way to explain your irrationality. :smash:

There's probably 20,000 major airline pilots making $150k+ and the rest (30,000 or so) will eventually upgrade and also make it.

:laugh:

BBB

But not all at the same time.....plus you've got an equal amount or more at other carriers flying jets that are bringing the average down dramatically. Say what you will, the "regionals" are here to stay...and they're flying 90 seat jets now. So how long does that put off a job at a major making those oh-so-big bucks?

By the way, gang...those little smiley face guys with the hammers and grins are just precious. But then arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.

Latest resources

Back