• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Declining Glories: The Airline Career

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BBB: You also have at least 1500 FOs and SOs who are making probably an average of 80K per year. Make it 100K if you want. The average at your airline at best would be 190K, and you know that isn't industry average.

You must just look around for excuses to throw your big money around here on the boards. You are big beer belly busted this time, its ok for you to admit it.

Sorry for the off topic thread jack everybody.

FJ

BBB did not say anything about the average crewmember pay. He specifically said average Captain pay. You need to pay attention.

You guys can revel in all the poor-me pity parties you like but it doesn't change any of the facts. If you're not happy with your position in life then got off your fannies and make it better. If you are not guiding your outcome in life, then who is?

I know, I know... it's much easier to just bitch about how "the man" is keeping you down.

BBB

You need to as well. The debate was about average industry salaries, and he just can't wait to throw out the numbers for Captains at UPS in an effort to jack up the apparent value of an airline career. Very disingenuous.

You, on the other hand, need to get off your parent's computer, do your homework, take a bath and go to bed. Its a school night for crying out loud.

FJ

You must just look around for excuses to throw your big money around here on the boards.

The fact that you consider current captains' wages "big money" reveals just how far this industry has fallen. Wake up Falcon... all these wage rates are in the public domain and should not repulse you.

BBB

They don't repulse me at all. I am striving to obtain those wages as well, and hopefully I will.

I just wouldn't even try to pawn them off as a sign that the industry is populated with pilots making that kind of coin.

The mere fact that you have to point them out is indication enough that the industry has fallen and might not ever recover.

I would say that the posts about the average pilot's wages are way more in line with the 60-80K average than the thousands of widebody captains making 300K at the majors statement you made.

Congrats on a good year.

FJ

You are right 80, I did vote yes to the question of whether or not you are 15 year old, pimply-faced troll trying to stir up crap on FI.

I did vote for that.

Don't forget to brush your teeth.

FJ

Falcon... it's a waste of time trying to correct your misperceptions of the industry. You believe the boogie man is out to keep you down and I think you're right! :D

BBB

Last edited:
BBB: Come on now, you can do better than that. And teaming up with the trollmaster 80for80?

Its ok to admit that you just love the chance to throw your wages out there, we all have read it before.

Just trying to keep things light, and bust a few chops now and then.

And no, I'm not on the corporate side (not that there is anything wrong with that), even a cursory review of my posts and history would confirm that.

Give that BBB a shake and laugh at yourself a bit, its ok.

FJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back