Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sexybeast

Hello all,

I have a few interviews coming up in the next couple of weeks (CHQ, Skywest and ASA) and was wondering who would be the most commuter freindly out of DFW. I realize I have to get hired first, but given the outside chance that one or all of them are interested, I would just like a little input from those of you who may commute to work with one of these regionals (especially out of DFW). Moving unfortunately, is not an option as I have a good business and roots here in Dallas. Thanks in advance for the advice.

ASA will mean ATL initially, which is not an easy commute. It's not impossible, but there are a lot of senior Delta pilots and FAs fighting for seats on what are often pretty full flights. AA and AirTran also go DFW - ATL, and you can sometimes get on them, although they're usually pretty full too.

A lot of our displaced DFW crews now commute to ATL, so it's doable, but sometimes it isn't pretty. You have to pick your flights carefully.

From what I hear, SLC is about the same.

miles otoole said:
Commuting DL FAs have priority over ASA pilots?

For cabin seats, yes, if they have a higher priority date (Date of hire)

All DAL-ASA-CMR employees board in order of seniority when non reving.

As far as the cockpit j/s, each of the 3 airlines has prioity on their own j/s.

The problem with an ASA pilot trying to use the DAL cockpit j/s to commute DFW-ATL is that if the cabin is full, it's pretty much a guarantee there's already a mainline pilot on the cockpit j/s.

When there were ASA flights out of DFW, it was pretty easy to 2 leg it to ATL on ASA through various connecting cities. That option went away with the DFW base sadly.

2 leg commutes suck, but I know there are lots of options if you really need to get to work.

I know guys who do it a lot, starting out on another carrier out of DFW, to say MEM, SHV, HOU, whatever, and then getting on DAL or ASA.

Latest resources

Back