Deceased A-10 pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KC-10 Driver

The following link comes from another aviation message board (PPRuNe).

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186865

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Good morning all,

I wondered if anyone could help me with a query? Near my home is a small memorial to a Captain Donald Roberts who was killed when his A-10 from RAF Bentwaters crashed on 17 April 1989.

The memorial receives flowers on occasion and also a wreath of poppies. I would very much like to find out more about the incident and, if possible, the pilot as my intention is to also lay flowers on the anniversary of his death so any help would be appreciated.

The usual avenues (Google etc...) have failed me so I thought of Pprune.

Thank you in advance.
[/font]

Does anyone have any information that may help this person pay his respects to Capt Roberts.

If preferred, PM me and I will pass along the information privately, or by post on PPRuNe.

It's nice to see people from other parts of the world who still think highly of us (there are more of them, I think, than the media would have us believe).

Thanks.

We were stationed at Bentwaters with the Roberts. Please PM me and I will give some information. Not really sure who wants this info? Don was a great gut with a wonderful family!! It is nice that people want to remeber him.

D/W

Latest resources

Back