DD-214 Form

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotOnTheRise

I need a copy of a DD-214 form for a job. I was in the Guard for literally only a few months. I discharged while in basic training, due to an injury. It was considered "entry level separation". I never received a DD-214 from my Guard unit. I work for Northwest Airlines now, and nothing ever came up about it. ExpressJet, however, wants the copy of the form. For such a short duration in the Guard, will I even have one? I am not 100% sure it is even on my record. I was told it would not show on my record after six months. I technically only on active duty for maybe six weeks for basic training. I understand DD-214 only applies to active duty. Any of you guys familiar with any of this?

Just Emailed my wife at work, who has worked for the Military the past 40 years.

Her response:

"YO: I called down to the local PSD. They said if it's less than 18 months since the member left the service, it "should" be with the local office that separated them; if it's more than 18 months, they would have to go to the National Archives in St Louis, MO. So, it "appears" that the link in the post above is probably correct."

Call MPF at your old unit. They should have one on file for you or steer you in the right direction.

Latest resources

Back