Dci E-170

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Popeye0537 said:
"Im sure the main line guys will love you for doing SLC-CVG.... Have fun with that one."

Mainline aint gonna like $hit when D files for BK....

That was a wonderful statement. We know pay cuts are coming, and so did the 200 guys who retired today. The company supposedly has a plan in or out of Chap 11, and a lot of it involves more INTL flying where the LCCs don't fly. Some of our older planes will probably be parked, and also more than 100 50 seat RJs---supposedly. So, the DCI pilots may not be very happy either. It will be a wild ride.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why is everyone freakin out that he put SLC-CVG? Shuttle isnt doing that route yet. Its SLC-DTW-CVG.

"Some of our older planes will probably be parked, and also more than 100 50 seat RJs---supposedly. So, the DCI pilots may not be very happy either. It will be a wild ride"

Sounds like we will be competing for the greeter job at WalMart there Gen.

As far as the 170 routing, not outside the realm to see them going hub to hub, DCI been at it for awhile.

Russ said:
"Some of our older planes will probably be parked, and also more than 100 50 seat RJs---supposedly. So, the DCI pilots may not be very happy either. It will be a wild ride"

Sounds like we will be competing for the greeter job at WalMart there Gen.

As far as the 170 routing, not outside the realm to see them going hub to hub, DCI been at it for awhile.

I will be cleaning the lavs at Wallmart, thank you. And as far as the E170s going from hub to hub, maybe. I think Comair had a super late night CRJ flying from CVG to ATL once, probably with nonrevs. Most of the flights between major hubs connects many passengers to the regional feed at each airport. Our planes flying from CVG to SLC connect many people onto SkyWest/ASA and onto Montana, etc. The flights from SLC to ATL connect many many passengers to flights to FLA and beyond. Get it? Maybe an early early 5am fliight or maybe a 7pm flight arriving at CVG at 1am---but nothing prime time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

BlackPilot628 said:
Yes, Started service today. DTW-SLC, SLC-CVG, and CVG-DTW. Twice a day.
The E170 are operated on the Shuttle America Certificate.

Two out of three aint bad, dude inform thyself prior to posting.

General Lee said:
I will be cleaning the lavs at Wallmart, thank you. And as far as the E170s going from hub to hub, maybe. I think Comair had a super late night CRJ flying from CVG to ATL once, probably with nonrevs. Most of the flights between major hubs connects many passengers to the regional feed at each airport. Our planes flying from CVG to SLC connect many people onto SkyWest/ASA and onto Montana, etc. The flights from SLC to ATL connect many many passengers to flights to FLA and beyond. Get it? Maybe an early early 5am fliight or maybe a 7pm flight arriving at CVG at 1am---but nothing prime time.

ASA used to fly the late night DFW-ATL flight (well late night for Dallas anyway)... I did that flight many times. It was easily half nonrevs and commuting pilots/FAs.

Also ASA has a few ATL-JFK turns a day, and every now and again a ATL-CVG shows up.

"Right-sized" or not, most of these flights go out full. Hopefully they brought the yields up a tad.

Latest resources

Back