• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DC8 Crews needed!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stars Away International Airlines (Pty) Ltd, is an air licensed private Black owned South African based air charter airline established in 2004.

Is this statement referring to the color of their skin or some other South Africa reference I do not know.

I never heard of them.

I also only saw two DC-8s flying cargo based in Africa...and both of those planes were more or less grounded in Kigali, Rwanda.

From what I know, from looking at the web page, and from looking at their equipment, I would not waste my time with them.

Good luck, and God Bless!
cliff
CVG

Cliff, you are a jackass! Plain and simple. You know nothing of the DC-8 and make a stupid comment based on what you saw on a webpage??? You truly are a remarkable moron. More like an idiot savant. Firstly, Stars Away is an alright operation. They have two very decent DC-8's and have European approval. Never heard of them and you write anyway. I cannot believe you man. Years of your rubbish on this board as if you are in the know. YOU DO NOT KNOW! Please find another hobby you clown.

Oh and btw, I was trying to help the DHL/Astar guys. Stay out of it.

Now now, if Cliff says there are only 2 DC8s in Africa I am inclined to believe him. Maybe you did not know, but he is a 747-400 pilot for Atlas and they fly all over the world and see everything so therefore know everything.

"I only saw two DC-8s"...just my experience of my time in Africa. I saw a lot of cargo planes there, but only a few DC-8s (and only a few 707s). Upon review of my post, I do agree it was overly harsh. Sorry...didn't want to dissuade anyone from a potentially good job.

I was based in/living in Africa for 1.5 years, flying cargo to around 40 different countries in Africa, Comoros, and Yemen. They guys I flew with had a lot of experience, and we were all looking at various jobs, and Stars Away didn't come up in conversation.

That said, they may be a good company.

Working in Africa is a LOT different than working for a US company. I would recommend anyone looking at a job in Africa do as much research as possible, and be prepared for things to not go according to plan a lot.

I did hear of recruiting for some DC-8 jobs based in the Middle East in the last year or so.

I do hope that everyone who needs a flying job can get one that they like!

God bless!
cliff
AGT

boy Cliff you must have pissed in these guy wheaties! They have blasted you twice that Ive seen in 1 day!

Not that you need defending but I for one have appreciated all the useful info you have provided over the years.....thanks for it! Sure some was not all perfect but you were never far off and always try to help a brother! That a great on this board!

Lighten up guys.....

boy Cliff you must have pissed in these guy wheaties! They have blasted you twice that Ive seen in 1 day!

Not that you need defending but I for one have appreciated all the useful info you have provided over the years.....thanks for it! Sure some was not all perfect but you were never far off and always try to help a brother! That a great on this board!

Lighten up guys.....

yeah +1. Cliff has provided useful info. Appears to me Commander grumpy pants doesn't play well with others. Has a long history of flame posts.

Only Cliff and he does not know what he is talking about. His experience in Africa was to say the least "INTERESTING" from what I have heard from people that flew with him. Again, if he is so smart why is he posting things while still a Proby or in the very least new to Atlas? That right there should tell you.

Only Cliff and he does not know what he is talking about. His experience in Africa was to say the least "INTERESTING" from what I have heard from people that flew with him. Again, if he is so smart why is he posting things while still a Proby or in the very least new to Atlas? That right there should tell you.

The more you rant, the dumber you sound. Give it a rest grumpy- pants

Latest resources

Back