Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ifleyelearz said:
Doesn't Delta still fly the MD-11?

We sold our last MD-11 recently to World. It had some extensive damage done to it; I think an engine caught fire during a run up or something and messed a wing up pretty bad. Recently it was parked over at Delta North hangar; today it is over at the cargo terminal next to the FedEx a/c. Still in Delta paint but with 'World' logo on the fuselage.

Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Long Time Gone said:
Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If it had a white radome and a white #1 enginc nacelle cover, it's a FedEx bird.

(I know, you just noticed the United colors, and not the other details. :) )

"Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong."

FedEx is operating two DC-10's still in United colors...(slightly faded)..One operates almost exclusively between MEM and Minneapolis. Could this have been the A/C you saw?

Heh,I was wondering about that.. I almost always see a Fedex 10 in the UA colors coming into MSP around 8pm or so.

Latest resources

Back