• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Dc-10

PhatAJ2008

Total Time
little
Does any airline still fly the DC-10? Will we ever see another 3 engine airliner?

JetSpeed219

Total Time
Northwest airlines, Fedex, World Airways.......that's all I can think of in the US.

Flyingdutchman

Total Time
today?
Yeah, they do I think... Or are they all in the desert now?

MD11Drvr

Still Learning
Total Time
Enough
DAL no longer flies anything with more than 2 engines.

A couple more operators of the DC-10 Omni and Gemini. Overseas the MD-11 and DC10 are still operated. In fact Aeroflot is operating 10's now as well.

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
ifleyelearz said:
Doesn't Delta still fly the MD-11?
Delta parked their MD-11's quite some time before they sold them all to FedEx.

:)

Jeff Helgeson

Total Time
Centurion Air Cargo

Flies the DC10 out of MIA.

tuna pimp

carbon neutral
Total Time
-
ifleyelearz said:
Doesn't Delta still fly the MD-11?

We sold our last MD-11 recently to World. It had some extensive damage done to it; I think an engine caught fire during a run up or something and messed a wing up pretty bad. Recently it was parked over at Delta North hangar; today it is over at the cargo terminal next to the FedEx a/c. Still in Delta paint but with 'World' logo on the fuselage.

Long Time Gone

Never Did The Atkins
Total Time
Genug
Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong.

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Long Time Gone said:
Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If it had a white radome and a white #1 enginc nacelle cover, it's a FedEx bird.

(I know, you just noticed the United colors, and not the other details. :) )

de Pez

Total Time
"Could've sworn I saw a United DC-10 over the mid-West a couple of weeks ago, opposite direction. Correct me if I'm wrong."

FedEx is operating two DC-10's still in United colors...(slightly faded)..One operates almost exclusively between MEM and Minneapolis. Could this have been the A/C you saw?

Av8rPHX

The Dude abides...
Total Time
enough
Heh,I was wondering about that.. I almost always see a Fedex 10 in the UA colors coming into MSP around 8pm or so.