• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Days off on Reserve Line?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is 13 days off (x-days, we call them) for a 30 day month and 14 for a 31 day month. There is a provision in the contract for extra x-days if your category is overmanned...got me an extra x day in December.

It's a 12 hour call out unless they put you on short call. They can put you on short call a max of 6 days a month. (this increases to 7 when the new FTDT rules take effect limiting short call to 14 hours...right now international categories can be on short call for up to 24 hours, which really sucks). If you're on short call, it's "immediately available" in the contract...roughly a 2 hour call-out, but not really defined.

The most I've ever done is 5 short calls in a month. I rarely get anything when on short call. Other categories seem to get used more, but my category is very overmanned right now.

There is also a provision to volunteer for more short-calls for extra money, but I haven't really looked into that one as I am a commuter and absolutely hate short call.

Minimum pay is 72 hours. It moves with the Average Line Value, can be as high as 80 hours in busy months. Since the new contract took effect it was 80 for 2 months, then it's been 72 every month since. It actually bumped up to 73 for Jan.

Don't forget about the little gem in the contract about any month with a reserve guarantee of 75 hours or greater only gives you 12 days off in 30 or 13 in 31 day bid months. Reserves will only get 12 days off in June, July, and August thanks to this and our new bid months.

Don't forget about the little gem in the contract about any month with a reserve guarantee of 75 hours or greater only gives you 12 days off in 30 or 13 in 31 day bid months. Reserves will only get 12 days off in June, July, and August thanks to this and our new bid months.

True, but I still think it's better than June, July, and August under the old contract where we only got 70 hours pay guarantee for 12 or 13 days off.

Kalitta is 13 off in 30 day month, 14 in a 31

Latest resources

Back