• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dayjet - New 135 operation in FL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The Eclipse 500 is also engineered for safety. A 41,000-foot ceiling avoids most severe weather" - from the Dayjet website.

Yeah right, short hops, Florida traffic, and a full airplane. That airplane will never see 410.

One of the guys that started Comair also help start an airline called Enterprise airlines with Citation II's outfited with 8 to 10 forward facing seats. Same concept and all. The model didn't work, and for obvious reasons.

I am all for entreprenuership (sp?) and give the CEO credit for taking his risks, but come on. There was a time when everyone was supposed to fly an airplane, hence the design of the Ercoupe. The is no practicality in Dayjet.

Ok I'm done....

Hi!

The reason that DayJet thinks it will be successful, and how it is different, is their software. They have been testing the software for years, and think that it will optimize their a/c utilization.

Cliff
LRD

PS-Good luckto DayJet!

PPS-I have over 500 PIC jet, but don't meet the mins for Frontier.

Inconceivable said:

I really hate everybody in marketing departments. The harder you work to "sell" your airline with gimmics like that, the more obvious it becomes you dont really have a good product to showcase

there we go now we will be getting taxi cab driver pay. We will be getting stuck up by some crack heads oh you all should be happy that they are starting this.

Here's the link to their management team:

http://www.dayjet.com/Company/Management.aspx#section_1

With the exception of the VP for Flight Ops and VP of Maintenance, most everyone else's business experience has been in software/high-tech/information tech. The VP of Flight Ops is there for the overall safety and performance of Dayjet's flying (according to the company). He's not there to make business decisions or control the direction of the company.

Dayjet will either:

1. Succeed because they were run by people too ignorant of aviation to know any better, or

2. Fail because they were run by people too ignorant of aviation to know any better.

Home every night and weekends off sounds pretty tempting. I think they will get plenty of resumes on those merits.... But what about the pay???

Hi!

Initially they are hiring only capts, at $50K+profit sharing & 401K.

Cliff
LRD

ATP Cliff, you seem to be in the know.

It had to have been putting a "damper" on things when they "elected" to put two pilots in the front. Initially, the deal was "single-pilot" which with this plane, I can imagine was almost a requirement.

Speaking out of my a$$, I can guess that using the second pilot meant one less person that could fly as a passenger, = less money.

Listening to Santulli (NJA CEO, President, etc) last week, he made it clear that "Day Jet" would face tough odds:

1. Small plane that can't carry that much (he wasn't aware that they were going to have two pilots).

2. He said people would never buy into the "single pilot" deal. Well, it looks like the FAA may have done Day Jet a big favor by requiring them to have two pilots. (that's my a$$ speaking)

3. Not knowing the "formula" of fractionals. Nobody makes money except NJA, according to Santulli.

4. Having people who are complete strangers sitting opposite eachother, their knees touching, for hours at a time, in a tiny little plane, and then asking them to pay big money is a disaster. He cited Indigo as an example of that idea failing. People just won't pay that kind of money to rub knees with strangers.

5. To me, a pilot, sitting in that tiny little thing with no APU in Florida in the Summer, Faaaaahhhhhh-get about it!

Latest resources

Back