• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dayjet - New 135 operation in FL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah ya stealthh21 i didnt say they werent an air taxi I said the checker board paint is yellow airtaxi as previously mentioned.

500h Turbine PIC!!!!!!!!!!!! With that I'd go elsewhere!!

Do You Have What Takes to be a DayJet Pilot?

We're looking for motivated leaders who are committed to a culture of safety, integrity and customer service to build upon the first truly new idea in regional business transportation in more than 50 years – and to have fun doing it! We’re also looking for individuals who possess the ability and commitment to help mentor and develop a rapidly growing pilot rank.
The Face of DayJet
Pilots will represent the ‘face’ of DayJet™ to our customers. In addition to uncompromising flight safety, DayJet pilots will be responsible for delivering a consistent, efficient and enjoyable customer flight experience…every time. As such, DayJet pilots will need to be professional, friendly, caring people that interact well with customers socially.
Minimum Qualifications
To be able to deliver the best customer experience in regional travel, DayJet pilots must meet the following minimum qualifications:
  • 3,000 hours flight time (excluding helicopter, simulator and flight engineer time)
  • 1,000 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC)
  • 1,000 hours multi-engine
  • 500 hours turbo-jet PIC
  • Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification
  • Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
  • Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Radio License
  • Valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the U.S.
  • Valid U.S. driver’s license
  • Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
Additional consideration will be given to pilots with:
  • Check Airmen and/or Instructor experience
  • Experience in EFIS (Electronic Flight Indicating System) equipped aircraft
  • Recent flight experience

Last edited:
Continental, Frontier, Cathay, any second tier cargo operator.....

Also, at 500h turbine PIC, I'd continue wherever I am at for another 6 months until I got 1000...and then i meet pretty much anybody's minimums.

Granted the minimums don't get you a job, but they also won't at DayJet.

I just think they will have trouble finding as many pilots as they need at those reqs (if their ops will take off at the level they hope)

Do you have other ideas?

Last edited:
I have no idea if DayJet will work or not. I have my doubts.
But is it really so easy to get a job a Continental, Cathay Pacific, Frontier or any second tier cargo operator? Just apply and start ground school the following monday?

Will the QOL and $$ be as good?

Am not sure if it is, I guess not, reading all the posts on this board. But who tells you it will be easy at DayJet? I am just saying that they post minumums in the same ballpark as all the majors - granted for a CA, but its a small plane...

BODENE said:
Last we heard Eclipse failed the wing stress test with the FAA. I would be curious to see where this leads...

:eek:
Where is this documented? I can't find any results on google. As far as Eclipse is concerned, "Eclipse Aviation Projects Eclipse 500 Certification in the Coming Weeks," and that was on the 25th of June.

Latest resources

Back