• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DayJet hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were Iabucci (DayJet founder) I would be pissed.

FL business travelers will want to avoid the cramped airliners and jammed highways. ..

Ah reality check boyz. You have more room in a cramped airliner or even a Nissan 300Z than in an empty Eclipse. Them there Eclipse jets are tiny tiny TINY. Not to mention they cant fly in IFR and the wings are loose (but they fixed that.)

Ah reality check boyz. You have more room in a cramped airliner or even a Nissan 300Z than in an empty Eclipse. Them there Eclipse jets are tiny tiny TINY. Not to mention they cant fly in IFR and the wings are loose (but they fixed that.)

Too bad most Americans are obese obese obese... Yeah, it will be a tight squeeze. Let's hope for 30-60 minute flights in those things. With that said, SATSair appears to be doing brisk business in Florida in the SR22 which is a relatively tight squeeze in the back too.

That airplane will be great for the personal owner/pilot, but it would appear it's success in commercial operations will be a bit limited....can it even reach rvsm altitudes with more than 2 people on board???

What happens when 2 pax are on board say from Pensacola to Tallahassee and pick up 2 more to Palm Beach and the first two pax have maxed out the cargo hold? Fist fights galore.
They must have been thinking of the "Jetsons" when they came up with this idea with this plane.

What happens when 2 pax are on board say from Pensacola to Tallahassee and pick up 2 more to Palm Beach and the first two pax have maxed out the cargo hold? Fist fights galore.
They must have been thinking of the "Jetsons" when they came up with this idea with this plane.

I wonder if the Adams 700 Jet would fare any better? Does it have more/adequate room for an air taxi operation? Interesting look though.

If the air taxi is such a good idea, why hasn't it been done already? I would think you could buy a fleet of older Citations or King Airs for the price of an Eclipse and have a proven airframe with more room. With the Eclipse once you add fuel and two crew members you will not be able to carry very much for very far. I hope it works out for them, I really do, but for this late in the game the Eclipse should not be having these problems. Weren't they supposed to deliver 400 this year?

IFR??? Sure can, they are not yet certified for that...so i suppose you are correct. However they are working on it. As with any "EXPERIMENTIAL" it all takes time.....

I hope Dayjet works, but I agree with the other posts. The weight is going to be an issue. I thought SATS Air had a limit on how much the pilot could weigh? The SR22 is acually pretty roomy in the back seat. I'm surprised that the public will get in a single engine piston.

Latest resources

Back