• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DayJet hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of questions concerning the Elcipse's readiness for prime time. In particular they are not certified for known ice, IFR certification of the gps system, and for some reason they rarely fly at RSVM atlitudes.

I'm sure these issues will be worked out in the fullness of time, but will it be in time for Dayjets?

If I were Iabucci (DayJet founder) I would be pissed. Eclipse was so confident about launch dates and zero problems, etc. Summer season is approaching and FL business travelers will want to avoid the cramped airliners and jammed highways. This is a perfect time to get started and no dice on certification... Time is money...

I did talk to a friend over the weekend who did get typed in the Eclipse and has been working on the training and flight manuals so they do have a few people.

I did talk to a friend over the weekend who did get typed in the Eclipse and has been working on the training and flight manuals so they do have a few people.

And.... How does he like the Eclipse? Fun/easy to fly? What is the latest estimate for a start date?

There is an Eclipse Type rating? Thought that was olny for 12,500 and up.

Is it just me or is it odd that some of the major flying magazines (like Flying) have not done comprehensive articles test-flying the Eclipse? I saw one in ProPilot a year ago but ProPilot never writes negative articles about advertisers... I am sure Dayjet doesn't want any bad press about their sole aircraft type. I haven't seen any recent reviews of the Eclipse but a whole lot about the Mustang - now that's a nice little airplane!

Latest resources

Back