Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dayjet already has three Eclipses on property - check out their website:

http://www.dayjet.com/Services/DayJetFleet.aspx

Still looks pretty tight in that airplane. Most Americans are pretty obese too - it could be real tight with a few heavy people and a couple of bigger bags. I wonder about restrictions on suitcases, etc. Can pax only bring carry-on sized bags (note the pictures at the bottom of the web page).

Current pilot bases are Boca Raton and Pensacola I believe (Dayports) with more on the way. Regardless, Dayjet just closed another financing round to build out the infrastructure and train employees - another $50 million recently.

Dayjet already has three Eclipses on property - check out their website:
Where are they flying them considering they lost their IFR certification. It was pretty funny we had one come in the other day to do some demo flights after sun n' fun. When they were done they blasted out and did a max performace takeoff until about 3000 when they had to level off to miss a cloud.

Where are they flying them considering they lost their IFR certification. It was pretty funny we had one come in the other day to do some demo flights after sun n' fun. When they were done they blasted out and did a max performace takeoff until about 3000 when they had to level off to miss a cloud.

Can you add some detail about losing their IFR certification? What have you heard?

I thought the Eclipses were getting an avionics retrofit/upgrade that would solve some of those problems? Perhaps they are now just working on training pilots (touch and go's, etc.)...

I heard that the IFR cert was removed temporily because the pitot tube is icing over or cloging with ice. Seems like they would have thought of that.

I looked in one the other day, vary small and cramped. Also, they are clogging up the airspace around the sunport with their slow approach speeds

Latest resources

Back