• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DayJet Discontinues Passenger Operations

Mosquito

Total Time
2500+
[FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']As of September 19, 2008, DayJetServices, LLC, has discontinued its jet services and cancelled all future flights as a result of the company’s inability to arrange critical financing in the midst of the current global financial crisis.[/FONT]
[FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']We regret the disruption and hardship caused by the sudden shutdown of DayJet services to our customers, employees, DayPort communities, suppliers and stockholders. Unfortunately, DayJet is unable to honor customer reservations or issue refunds. [/FONT]
[FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif']http://www.dayjet.com/[/FONT]
[FONT='Helvetica','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Maybe a good idea...for sure the wrong time...but not necessarily foreseable on their part..sad to see more aviation folks lose their livelihoods...

Tired Soul

Plowing at FL370
Total Time
>10000
Sad indeed.....
It wouldn't be the first good idea that was executed at the wrong time.Another 100 pilots on the streets.

moonlight

Flyin' to fund my fishin'
Total Time
I had a couple of their factory pilots the other day show me the they had a Garmin 496 mounted on the dash, and were using it as a primary source of navigation, 'cause the FMS is a POS. That's great...

Tired Soul

Plowing at FL370
Total Time
>10000
I have a standing bet that Eclipse is not going to make it through '09
Vern gone, that's good, Dutch guy in, that's bad.
He effed over Philips in the nineties...cats like that don't change their tricks

timmay

Total Time
5000+
Not to mention the sudden availability of lightly used eclipses that will be on the market.

PSL

Total Time
20K >
Sad that pilots are looking for another way to support their family ... yes.

There is no way an opearation like this had a chance ... ever ... in any market.

I can't imagine any light jet making it with the likes of the TBM-850 ... ok ... maybe the Cessna Mustang but the rest of these 'experiments' will fail miserably.

CelticCitation

Larry Wannabe
Total Time
6 ish
Another Adams

Saw the Adams Proof of Concept airplane tucked in the back of a hanger at a museum yesterday. I'd keep an eye out, I'd bet you see some eclipse aircraft on static display soon.

bizjet800

Total Time
6000+
Skybus? now DayJet? What is this world coming to? All kidding aside, I hope our entire economy doesn't collapse.