• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day trading corporate pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, it's day trader's like me that are keeping this economy from recovering:rolleyes:
Yeah, and here I thought that it was crappy policy from Bush and Obama, if I had known we were to blame I would just stop trying to make money.

Stocks I have bought in the last week.

CIT 2000 shares at 2.50

C 5000 shares at 1.55

AMR 4000 shares at 2.43

AMR 4000 shares at 2.43

And you didn't check with me first?!

If you're still holding that in May, I'm going to come find you and bitch slap some sense into you...

;) TC

What happens in May AA? So far the stock has made be about 450 bucks.

There's a pretty unhappy pilot group talking about taking action.

Oh yeah the planned "chaos" scary!

I plan to only hold the stock for a few weeks anyways.

Ok. That's better. ;)

Seriously, I think AMR will go up but it's either a short term bump or a very long hold with some very rocky terrain in the middle.

I still believe AMR will use Ch.11 in the event of a labor "event". Too much to gain. Too little to lose.

Good luck, SIU!

TC

Thanks TC, I had been considering them for a long term investment, however I also see Ch. 11 as a possibility.

Not corporate here, now airline but used to do corp/charter.

Technology has probably change,but in the late 1980's, some older inflight phone models could monitor other phone calls in the clear on whatever phone channel.

I don't remember how, but I remembering listening in on a 30 minute "big company" company strategy phone call inflight from another airplane while at cruise.

I was too young and stupid to trade stocks at the time, so my name wasn't "Bud Fox" and didn't end up with a Daryl Hannah girlfriend.

Current wife I met around that time was a keeper though:D

Thought about calling said CEO and VP and telling them what retards they were regarding corporate security, but then again, they owned GIII's and F50's, what do I know :laugh:

Last edited:
Not corporate here, now airline but used to do corp/charter.

Technology has probably change,but in the late 1980's, some older inflight phone models could monitor other phone calls in the clear on whatever phone channel.

I don't remember how, but I remembering listening in on a 30 minute "big company" company strategy phone call inflight from another airplane while at cruise.

I was too young and stupid to trade stocks at the time, so my name wasn't "Bud Fox" and didn't end up with a Daryl Hannah girlfriend.

Current wife I met around that time was a keeper though:D

Thought about calling said CEO and VP and telling them what retards they were regarding corporate security, but then again, they owned GIII's and F50's, what do I know :laugh:

Were you on that Micheal Jackson flight too??

I used to fly with a self proclaimed "day trader." On a trip He would sit all day trading I wouldn't see him until the closing bell rang. I would ask him and he would try to explain puts and calls. I finally understood the concept but I tried a few covered calls and ended up like everyone else--losing a bit of cash, hopefully not as much as most.

All I know is he is in his mid 60s and still flying 135 (a good gig though). I gathered he didn't make a ton of money--why else would he still be flying?

Latest resources

Back