• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Day trading corporate pilots

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Just curious how many of you guys trade stocks when you are not working, I have a lot of time off since moving back to the states and have become rather addicted to day trading online. It is fun, almost like gambling, so far I have done pretty well the last few months.

Curious what stocks are you fellow pilots buying?

heywatchthis

Total Time
6000+
I did that for about a year or so. Did pretty good then loss my ass. It was fun and educational.

That being said - I wouldn't recommend it!

Len

Total Time
3000+
I ride my bike. Twenty hours this week. Why lose your a$$ when you can pedal a$$!

kf4amu

Total Time
I day trade but only with stocks I would keep for the long term, at prices I am comfortable paying for the long term. That way, if it goes down I dont panic because I know it will come back up if my analysis is correct, and am still comfortable in my purchase.

I'll trade the volatility, get a couple 10 percent gains, then hold it long term if it goes lower.

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
I day trade but only with stocks I would keep for the long term, at prices I am comfortable paying for the long term. That way, if it goes down I dont panic because I know it will come back up if my analysis is correct, and am still comfortable in my purchase.

I'll trade the volatility, get a couple 10 percent gains, then hold it long term if it goes lower.

Yeah, like GE and AIG. Two of the former "bellweathers."

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Citi is a great company at the current prices, I bought 1,000 shares at 1.35, hoping it goes up to about four bucks before I sell.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Hope is never a good plan for investing.
Well all reasoning and research does not seem to have worked for me these last few months, so I am now going on hope!

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Market-timing my way to the poorhouse!

:(

TC

ParrotheadPilot

I'm Ron Burgandy?
Total Time
I'm in GE at $7.50, JNJ for the long term at $47, I just sold SGP at $23.50, bought that last week at $17. I just bought BUCY at $12.90 Friday. I own CHK at $20 so I'm down a bit there. I'm bought FSLR at $105 and sold at $127.50.

There you go, that's what I'm buying and selling at this time.

LJ45

Total Time
maybe this is part of the reason our economy sucks ???

The ever mighty quick buck !!!

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
maybe this is part of the reason our economy sucks ???

The ever mighty quick buck !!!
So are you saying that given the opportunity you would not make a quick buck?