• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Day rate for contract work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being that I am a full time pilot I also have to look at reasons why the person is unemployed. There are a lot off jobs out there and a lot of pilots willing to do work for less money. If I was the contractor I would hire the more expensive guy and ask the other one why he is charging so less.

My take is there are a lot of contract pilots out there. Some only want contract work some othermdomwork on the side from there full time gigs. You get what you pay for.mif we hire a guy for less,pay,we,can expect,to,have a,less,experienced pilot that will needmsomembabysitting which is no problem we all started there. Let's help everyone out
In my company i rather get a young motivated guy with no ego and mentor him. These good pilots,are,humgry and will learn very fast. At the end of the day for most 91 ops it's not the flightplanning thats the easy part. It's everthing else nbetween. Dealing with the office , time changes, destination changes, bags forgotten in plane..... If it was just flying the plane itmwould be the easier job in the world

I can put a green guy in my right seat and teach him much better than any sim cause it's,real world. They can't react that. They can teach the process ofmstarting an engine using a huffer cart. But there is more. You're in a small place no huffer now,you gotta go find one a few towns away. Get it to your etc. sim is great,for,basics but does not make a good pilot. It takesm12 momths flying with a person to really get to kmow him and to kmow what he is capable of. Does,he fit in. There is alot of ego pilots. Who's the best..... Blah blah pass it forward. We all just wanna fly and learn frommthemgood guys to develope habits that can be,carried to other departments in a good way

I think the prices for the different airplanes are so irelevante GV 1500 a day gulfstream 3 800 a day!!!! Both are long range airplanes. GV more automated. Fly them all over the world. To me prices should be the same. At the end of the day the owner is trying to find the highest experienced pilot for the less amount of money. You ought to ask yourself why is he so cheap..... Can't keep a job? Personality ? Not team player? I know there are,a lot,of bad jobs out there but these bad jobs,could be turned to good jobs if pilots stood by their prices. Don't sell yourself short. We,occasionally see,accidemts a lot of times because of little experience because they want cheap pilots. Or a high time pilot but one who has not been the perticular airplane in a while

I don't think any broker or charter company should make money off the crews salary. We are doing a service to make them money already and then to take more from the pilots. That's wrong. And then they want yourselves to stay current. Something doesn't add up .. Wake up people! Don't sell yourself short.
Also don't accept a example g4 copilot position making 40k and you have to pay half the training. The owners fault for not hiring the right guys off the bat paying good salaries. You own an airplane you have to trains your pilots.

Going on the information given, a Pt.91 PIC on a king air (C90 OR 200) should be making more than 42K. I understand you are probably low time (???) but dont allow something like a corporate car cost you what you are worth. Havent looked at NBAA for this year but I can guarantee that 42K is not avg. Best of luck-

Why should you make less just cause you have less experience. You're stillmgonna be out there flying as pic so the job is getting done safely. When you are already pic who decides when you should get paid as pic. Makes no secse I had a company ask my for my resume,and compare to,another new hire. Immalready pic and they gave him more money than me as,a,cocaptain just cause he had more time on his resume!! So I can be pic and have been but cant paid as one cause the cocaptain has more time. I told them fine. Let the cocaptain be the pic give him,all the responsibilities and I will pull up the gear all day long. Well they understood what I was,saying. Resumes don't mean squat. Amyone can make theirs,look like they are the best. Just trust memo have flown with some of those guys and I wouldn't put my family in their airplane

Latest resources

Back