Dave Neelman's Azul Airline Taking Shape in Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now we're selling 190's? HUH?

Wasn't that our bread & butter? Wasn't that the future of medium haul at JB? Aren't those airplanes BRAND SPANKIN' NEW?

Didn't we get a "jetting to the point" yesterday about how strong a position we have?

Wow. I am starting to get the feeling that everything/one is for sale at this company. Fire sale prices ...

Glad I didn't upgrade to Jungle Jet skipper.

Well at least it doesn't snow in Brazil....

I wonder what their starting salaries will be relative to the other local carriers like TAM and GOL? Brazilian pilots don't tend to be paid very well anyway (it's all relative). I think the airline has something like 57 E195s on order (firm and options).

Looks like a nice paint scheme - and I'm sure the FAs will be HOT!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Azul...ht=679&sok=&sort=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

Well at least it doesn't snow in Brazil..... Good for Neelman.

"People would rather get there 10 hours late than not at all": David Neeleman 2007 while addressing board of directors

Dont get me wrong I am happy to see that there have not been any furloughs and while i am not happy to see reduced flying (85hrs for aug, 80 hrs for sept, 75 for october). I prefer a shared sacrifice with my brothers.

That being said I just cannot understand how we talk about taking advantage of airline pullbacks yet are selling airframes. We already reduced our deliveries significantly.

We do have 250 million in debt coming due next year. I think they must be structuring that debt today so it does not affect our relatively strong cash on hand/trailing 12 month revenue position

"People would rather get there 10 hours late than not at all": David Neeleman 2007 while addressing board of directors

Dont get me wrong I am happy to see that there have not been any furloughs and while i am not happy to see reduced flying (85hrs for aug, 80 hrs for sept, 75 for october). I prefer a shared sacrifice with my brothers.

That being said I just cannot understand how we talk about taking advantage of airline pullbacks yet are selling airframes. We already reduced our deliveries significantly.

We do have 250 million in debt coming due next year. I think they must be structuring that debt today so it does not affect our relatively strong cash on hand/trailing 12 month revenue position

I am sure there will be plenty of banks out there willing to refinance that debt... ahhhh... whoops.

It's the debt. We need capital to pay balloon payments and we need to keep the debt load down or our interest rates increase.

First rate pyramid scheme.

Wait for those 190 upgrades to go away next year. Ouch.

So let's see.....if we have $250,ooo,000 due next year and we get $5,000,000 per airframe the all we need to do is sell 50 airplanes to AZUL and we'll be OK! OOPS.....

"Azul" of course in German means a whale's vagina.

I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

Latest resources

Back