Damaged Harrier at FRG on the mend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vavso

I saw the Harrier that skidded of the rwy at FRG and hit the loc antennaedoing high speed taxiis and run ups the other night looks like they got the thing patched up . vavso

Vavso said:
I saw the Harrier that skidded of the rwy at FRG and hit the loc antennaedoing high speed taxiis and run ups the other night looks like they got the thing patched up . vavso

where was it parked/repaired?

Groundpounder said:
How do you run off the end of the runway in a Harrier?
Did you notice the government kept the army, air force and coast guard away from those things? Could have been too many moving parts for them.

FN FAL said:
Did you notice the government kept the army, air force and coast guard away from those things? Could have been too many moving parts for them.

Whats the coast guard going to use a fighter aircraft for anyway?

Steve said:
Whats the coast guard going to use a fighter aircraft for anyway?
Why do they need machine guns on their boats and helicopters?

What I heard was...

it was making an emergency landing and ran off the runway 14 into localizer antennae .RWY 14/32 was OOS a few days it was parked on the New Highway side near airpower museum. I heared them request and then do a high speed runup /taxi on rwy 32 then exit the runway after a bunch of green jumpsuited types were scrutinizing the nose gear.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/68489.htm

Airport managers have limited vocabulary, film at eleven...

No one was hurt in the afternoon crash, in which the craft smashed into an instrument landing system, said airport spokesman Gary Lewi.

"Collided" would have worked out swell.

FN FAL said:
Why do they need machine guns on their boats and helicopters?

They need the machine guns on their boats 'cuz the Navy got out of the riverine warfare business a long time ago. Uncle Sam's Confused Group has a bunch of patrol boats over in the Northern Arabian Gulf doing oil platform security and river patrols. It's kind of sad really. I was over there a little over a year ago with the Navy working for the bloody Coast Guard! Truly embarrassing.

As far as needing machine guns for the helicopters, that's the only way they can stop drug runners in the caribbean. Their cutters are just too dang slow to catch anyone.

Latest resources

Back