DALPA Scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrjdriver

As far as scope relief goes, DL boys, Jetblue has set the bar to operate a 100 seat a/c. Are you willing to go down on pay to get these a/c? The Mad Dogs aren't getting any younger and with fuel prices going up, you've got to do something. I agree that there has to be a limit to how many seats a DCI a/c should have. I would like to have a place to upgarde to after Acey, but a limited number of a/c with 76 - 80 would not hurt mainline at all (IMHO).

Fly Safe...
:cool:

Last edited:
atlcrjdriver said:
As far as scope relief goes, DL boys, Jetblue has set the bar to operate a 100 seat a/c. Are you willing to go down on pay to get these a/c? The Mad Dogs aren't getting any younger and with fuel prices going up, you've got to do something. I agree that there has to be a limit to how many seats a DCI a/c should have. I would like to have a place to upgarde to after Acey, but a limited number of a/c with 76 - 80 would not hurt mainline at all (IMHO).

Fly Safe...
:cool:

you may be right about JB setting the bar with rates...however, JB pilots are flying the planes aren't they? they have to option of making 140-150K in an airbus eventually....right....pay IS way LOW on the emb, but I think one has to prioritize....fight over pay.... management sends planes to MESA or in DAL's case DCI. first part of business...get the planes to be flown by delta mainline pilots...PERIOD. then you can argue about pay. otherwise they will go to DCI and you will not have an OPPORTUNITY to argue about pay!

The problem is that, due to present scope limits, DCI CANNOT fly a/c w/ more than 70 seats. Anything over that must be flown by mainline. I say, give DCI the scope RELIEF to fly 76-80 seat aircraft. A 90 seater with 76-80 seat config. for a first or business section would not effect mainline crews in the least. We can then replace our ATRs and some CR2s with more CR7s and CR9s to better fit in todays marketplace.

Fly Safe...

Scope relief aint going to happen in this lifetime. If you want to fly for Delta, you'd better be a former Navy, Air Force or Marine fighter pilot. If you are not, you stand a better chance of becoming a space shuttle pilot. They do take regional guys, but rarely.

HarryParatestes said:
Scope relief aint going to happen in this lifetime. If you want to fly for Delta, you'd better be a former Navy, Air Force or Marine fighter pilot. If you are not, you stand a better chance of becoming a space shuttle pilot. They do take regional guys, but rarely.

Where did you come up with that nonsense? DAL used to be a Navy flying club, but not anymore!

HarryParatestes said:

Pure unadulterated horse$hit. When I was hired back in 2000, half my class was civilian only pilots; a majority of them from ASA.

HarryParatestes said:

And they won't be taking any more regional guys for a long while with 450+ furloughed pilots still on the street. If scope is negative for the mainline pilots and ASA/Comair/Shuttle get more 70/100 seaters, don't expect to be hired at Delta for a long, long time... I bet the Jet Blue E190 rates would even look attractive compared to E190 rates at a DCI carrier. But these regional guys want to bring the bigger aircraft down to the regional level - and the wages with them... It doesn't make much sense unless you want to stay employed at a regional FOREVER. I certainly don't...

Latest resources

Back