• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Conflict of Interest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed, but would a DOH integration be fair to the VA pilot? These things are complicated, and one-size-fits-all policies don't work. That's why we have ALPA merger policy.

Well then you didn't read the original point that I responded to.....Michael said you should be in the same percentage that you are currently. In other words he said the bottom 5% should stay in the bottom 5%, regardless of DOH/longevity.....Using that logic, a senior Virgin America pilot with a year would be a B777 Capt. at Delta.....Not realistic is it?

The current ALPA merger policy is flawed because it is too subjective.....

Don't you have someone to sue? Don't worry joey, you'll get the memo when DL starts to talk of scope again!

No....I don't have this mess to deal with....I work for a profitable company and I don't have to deal with egomaniacs like you......

No....I don't have this mess to deal with....I work for a profitable company and I don't have to deal with egomaniacs like you......

Egomaniacs? :laugh: Who's the one with who tried to steal a $billion from his union?
You didn't go spending all that money did you?
Don't worry though, all those former co workers of yours aren't laughing with you, they're laughing at you! After all it will only take them 3 years to get to the same pay it took you to get in 15 years!:laugh:

Joe, that you do, but be careful. Lots of things are going to change in the RJ world in the next year or so.

And Joe, Egomaniacs? I sat with you in ground school a few times. That is the pot calling the kettle black. By virtue of what we do and who we are we are all guilty of that.

Actually in the case I used.....DOH would be better for the Delta pilots than any ratio with Virgin....Their senior pilot only has a little over a year....

Back to your "career expectations" BS.....Did the 1999 Northwest hire have less "expectations" then the 2007 Delta hire? How about the NWA pilot who hired into a Southern Metroliner with 19 seats and props? What was his career expectations?

Just stirring the pot and challenging conventional wisdom....

In the case of VA merging with DL, I dont know exactly where they would fit, but a VA captain should do better than DOH. No matter how you slice it, they are bringing a captain seat to the table. But you have to look at everything, no just when someone was hired. And it's not just about what is better for the Delta pilots.

Lets challenge conventional wisdom some more. Would you advocate DOH if DL or NWA was merging with ASA or Pinnacle? Do you really thing an ASA pilot hired one day has the same job, career expectation, etc as a DL pilot hired the next day?

Last edited:
Most of us who left ASA for DL were in the top 25 percent of the company. We knew our career expectations would be different at Delta. That is why we left.

The number of RJ's in the Delta system will change. There is a downward trend from the non-wholly owned. Does ASA have any future RJ orders on the books? The ATR is gone. The 50 seat is next.

Well then you didn't read the original point that I responded to.....Michael said you should be in the same percentage that you are currently. In other words he said the bottom 5% should stay in the bottom 5%, regardless of DOH/longevity.....Using that logic, a senior Virgin America pilot with a year would be a B777 Capt. at Delta.....Not realistic is it?

The current ALPA merger policy is flawed because it is too subjective.....

I don't know about Michael's statement but I think you will find the goal is to be "fair." You mentioned fairness above, which is not a fact but rather in the eye of the beholder.

With that in mind you must look at equipment, pay, carrier progression, type of flying (int, domestic, etc.) in order to make a fair integration. A DOH list would not be fair for a VA DAL merger just as a pure ratio would not be. A relative position on equipment type ratio weighted for pay and expectations would be "fair" to everyone. In the case of a DL VA merger it would likely be a heavy weight in Delta's favor however a Captain at VA should maintain a similar schedule and pay as a result of the combined list.

What's your version of "fair?"

Latest resources

Back