Dallas Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wendi

Can someone give me a clue on Flight schools in the Dallas (TX) area. I would like to learn how to fly, but I'm not sure that it is my career goal.:confused:

Welcome to the board Wendi, not being from the Dallas area I cannot suggest any particular organization: however I can suggest this, go to the flight schools at the airports nearest you and interview them, remember you must interview them not vice-versa, it is your money. Go with your instincts when it comes to their answers, who did you feel was the most honest and did not try to hard sell you.
Hopefully, there is someone from the Dallas area on the board that will offer some suggestions to particular FBO's. You can also go to www.airnav.com and do a search in the Dallas area for airports and they in turn will list all the different businesses avilable at the airport and what they offer as far as services. This way you can call from home and save some gas and drive time to all the airports by calling them first.
I hope this helps a little and I wish I had more to offer,

The best of luck to you in your flying endeavors.

Wendi.

Just started my career in aviation 1 whopping month ago and have 30 hrs. so far. I am from the Dallas area and have checked out 90% of all schools in the area.

If you would like, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you the skinny on all the schools.

Good Luck,

Buda6868

:cool:

Buda6868,
could you send me a pm or just post it or would if you would mind could I e mail you. I am going to be moving back to the dallas in about a month and was wanting some information about some of the schools there. Right now I have my privare and IR rating. I am working on my multi comm right now and will have that before I move back. I am looking for a place to do my CFI stuff and maybe the single com. add on (if I dont do that part here in florida) I have called a bunch of places but you know they just give you the same BS about their schools and was wanting some real advise from someone who has checked them out. Any info would be great.
Thanks
highflying

hi wendi, i would check out the schools at addison, such as flight line or monarch. Im pretty sure flight line has good maint. not sure about prices. good luck

Wendi,

Go check out Monarch Air at Addison Airport. Good airplanes and good CFIs, and the prices are fair.

Monarch Air

Wendi,

You don't need flight school! You are female so just walk into any airline and they'll hire you on the spot!

Good luck! :cool:

BaronFR8Dog said:
Wendi,

You don't need flight school! You are female so just walk into any airline and they'll hire you on the spot!

Good luck! :cool:

Ouch, now that was a bit below the belt! ;)

3 years ago, that was probably true... Today, even women have trouble getting flying jobs.

I would suggest that you check out and fly with at least three flight schools in the area. They are all different and it is very important to get a good fit.

That being said, you should check out the American Flyers in Addison. I am finishing up my ratings there and I am very pleased with the training I received. They are expensive, but in the end the costs are near the same. They will get you through the program faster than the other flight schools around. Their curriculum is proven and it really works.

I flew with three different schools in the Dallas area and settled on Flyers. I am very happy with the training and value I received from them.

messdaddy said:
I would suggest that you check out and fly with at least three flight schools in the area. They are all different and it is very important to get a good fit.

That is good advice, for anything in life.

That being said, you should check out the American Flyers in Addison.

They are expensive, and they have the same mix of good and bad CFIs as any place.

I am finishing up my ratings there and I am very pleased with the training I received. They are expensive, but in the end the costs are near the same.

What are they charging for dual in a 172 these days?

They will get you through the program faster than the other flight schools around.

I don't think that is true. The key is to find a good CFI who wants to work with you on an accelerated course to get you the ticket quickly and efficently.

Not all CFIs can or want to do this.

I flew with three different schools in the Dallas area and settled on Flyers.

Just curious, but who did you fly with?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back