• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dallas area freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you like two engines, then ameriflight operates out of dfw. martinaire isn't a bad company to get your feet wet in, but i know a lot of their pilots who wish they could afford to get out of that one year contract.

Mra

Yea, don't get me wrong. I'm not promoting Martinaire (MRA) as being the best place to work in the DFW area. I'm simply putting out a suggestion if you would like to work in and around the DFW area.

Ameriflight (AMF) is considered a higher caliber cargo operation when compared to MRA, but getting a Dallas base is very difficult because DFW is one of AMFs most senior bases. AMF flies about 4 Emb-120s and 2 or 3 metros and 2 Pa-31s out of DFW and most of those guys are high on the seniority list.

Other DFW operators are Telesis, GTA, and Airnet (Lear jets only, I believe). There's really not much here as far as FAR 135 cargo goes. The rest of the flying here is mostly Corporate, Air Ambulance, Fractional, or Regional (American Eagle).

Even if you get on with MRA it doesn't mean you'll get Dallas as a base right off the bat. There's a 50/50 chance you'll get sent to one of their other far away bases first and as soon as people leave for better jobs DFW will come available for you. MRA is not a great place to work at, but simply a place to hang out until something better comes along.

Good Luck!

almost forgot...

Oh I falmost forgot to mention Cherry Air and Ameristar. I would consider Ameristar, but I would stay far from Cherr Air. Cherry is scrapping the bottom of the barrel, it's even lower than whale p00p.

Cherry popped

Cherry,

No I never worked at Cherry and I thank my lucky stars for never having to go there for employment.

I do, however, know abunch of guys that have worked there and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Cherry, if my comment offends you I'm sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

That looks like a cherryair in your avatar. And I think I can see rust on the engines from here even with the small pic. And when I stated that I heard a guy had 6 flameouts it was through a flight instructor that knows him personally. He was also told the guy had had decompression while at altitude as well.

Don't assume that some pissed off pilot that used to work here years ago was right about everything. Things have changed, new DO and CP, mx is better, kick @ss schedule and pay is competitive. I don't think you know the truth about Cherry. We just hired a Lear class and think we might be hiring a Falcon class soon for anyone who actually is interested. Everyone is based at ADS in the Dallas area. If you want multi turbine time, go to Cherry or Ameristar. Ameristar, I heard, might be laying off if buss doesn't pick up though. Also as a new FO you will be based at YIP in Detroit if you work for Ameristar.

All those flameouts I don't believe. I would have heard about them. I know all the pilots and talk to them regularly. It also had to be the Learjet side. The Lears are not as well maintained as our Falcons. I did hear about the decompression but it wasn't rapid, slow leak. The attitude is opposite on the different sides of the company. We are all very happy on the Falcon side of things.

Don't drink the Cherry juice

Cherry,

So what you are saying is that I must be talking about the Lear Jet side when I say run from Cherry Air. The Falcon side is where nothing goes wrong and everything is hunky-dory. Yea right!

The whole thing stinks!

Latest resources

Back