• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL vs LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah...I remember.....was SWA even around back then?

1971 - Southwest begins flying between Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. The idea for the airline was hatched over drinks by San Antonio lawyer Herb Kelleher and one of his clients, Rollin King, who ran a small charter service in Texas.

1972 - Southwest was forced to sell one of its four planes to meet payroll. Employees made up for the lost jet by turning planes around and starting the next flight in 10 minutes. In a 2008 interview, Kelleher called this the airline's most challenging time.

1973 - Southwest makes money, starting a string of 36 straight profitable years.

1978 - Herb Kelleher becomes interim CEO for several months, and gets the job full-time in 1981.

1979 - Southwest begins service in New Orleans. Until Congress deregulated the airline industry (in 1978), Southwest couldn't fly beyond Texas.

1982 - Expands service to California.

1985 - Begins service at Chicago's Midway Airport. Acquires a competitor, Muse Air.

1989 - Annual revenue passes $1 billion.

I think at that point, DAL starting farming out all your flying to RJs to compete driving yall allowing the worst Codeshare language in history and leading to how many bankruptcies?

Oh that's right....

Southwest is a MAJOR airline now.....my bad....stay classy LuvBirds

Oh that's right....

Southwest is a MAJOR airline now.....my bad....stay classy LuvBirds

Although I got a chuckle out of this, I really don't care for the brand bashing. I've had good experiences on Delta and I have a lot of friends there.

Yeah- they're SELLOUTS that like to outsource and steal profits from regionals- and kinda douchie with the suit and shuttles, but they've always treated me well.

It really is particularly trashy to start throwing around crashes.

Could've been SWA later who didn't set flaps- but a takeoff configured warning made it a non-event. Could've been us hitting a massive microburst on final into love, but now train that exact scenario and have winds hear warning.

Fellas. Aviation history and technology and procedures is written in blood.

And guess what Bill knows we have a better safety record by far since our inception- but honestly- the subject just deserves more respect and humility than throwing it around as jabs

And guess what Bill knows we have a better safety record by far since our inception- but honestly- the subject just deserves more respect and humility than throwing it around as jabs

If you truly believed that you'd shut your pie hole and not chime in with a last jab. But you can't.

The aircraft was executing the ILS/DME approach to runway 13 at New York's La Guardia Airport in high rain and heavy winds. Just before touchdown.

There's the problem right there. I think most of us could handle heavy rain and high winds, but change it around on us and look what happens....

If you truly believed that you'd shut your pie hole and not chime in with a last jab. But you can't.

I'm sorry, any of what I said not accurate?
We do have a better safety record - but I do have perspective enough to know that we've benefitted from every accident in history

Yeah- they're SELLOUTS that like to outsource and steal profits from regionals- and kinda douchie with the suit and shuttles, but they've always treated me well.

It really is particularly trashy to start throwing around crashes.

Could've been SWA later who didn't set flaps- but a takeoff configured warning made it a non-event. Could've been us hitting a massive microburst on final into love, but now train that exact scenario and have winds hear warning.

Fellas. Aviation history and technology and procedures is written in blood.

I didn't start with the crash and off the runway discussion....just counter punching.

And yet you kept the broken record playing. C'mon wave, set the example.

'The lady(s) doth protest too much, methinks.'

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back