• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL stock at a new low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
while were waiting for the mouth to respond here's what he will most likely say...

Were getting tons of airplanes from china, those gas hog MD90 will save the company, and can't wait to get those 777, have I told you about my Paris overnights....and black socks with tennis shoes is all the rave in Milan. Everyone points at me must think I'm an American rockstar.

Oh and our international flying that I thought would keep us from taking paycuts, and then thought Song would keep us out of BK, and now finally I'm gonna be right for once, selling Comair will keep us from being taken over by UAUA..yea thats the ticket!

Oh and f the comair guys I hope you go out of business, wait we own you and make money from you, that can't be, f u anyway I'll take the loss.

We're gonna get a huge pay raise this Jan...ok were gonna get a raise... ok well we might get a little but NEXT year we're gonna get.......

Whirehurst is gonna lead us to the promised land...wait he quit uhhh, oh yea we got the best NWA had to offer...were off to the races now.

I get to use the "Breeze though lane" mmmm 3 feet of cheap red carpet on my feet.

BK was good for us, we have great lease rates in exchange for pilot pay rates, but we'll get it back in 2007, no.....ok 2008....but we get profit sharing...uhh wait....have I told you about Paris.

Jeez man, who peed in your cheerios this morning?

I think that will the volatility of oil, and the airlines screaming that they cannot generate adequate revenue in the current market, stocks will take a hit. I would not be surprised to see it go below 10.

I think that there is something in the works with our brothers in MSP. There has been a lot of back water chatter. The MEC seems to be working on something big. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I would guess that all will make sense in Feb or March of 08.

Didn't say the price had anything to do with 2nd Bankruptcy. Since the stock went public it has lost over 25% or its value, no value for the investors that bailed them out and didn't go the LCC way.

Management has no clue they just want to rob the place again before running it into the ground and they didn't have time when LCC made the offer.

They've already stated that they will loss money in the 4th Q, while UAUA and LCC will post profits.
Guess transferring all that flying to the regionals is gonna bite them for years. Ya, ya, they're gonna get a few planes but not enough for fix the overcap of RJs.

And since when does market cap mean anything, Delta had to come out will a big market cap to keep LCC at bay.

Delta and all of the airlines, except LUV to some extent, have had problems with high fuel this Winter. This is the slowest season, and like all years will improve during the Spring and Summer quarters. It is not just one airline that is losing share value, but pretty much all of them. Delta, on the other hand, has a pretty good balance sheet thanks to the trip through BK, and can withstand more than the others who have not. Just watch the weather (which affects oil prices thanks to scared speculators)---bad (cold) weather means more home oil usage, which increases the oil costs and affects every airline's stock. If we have a warm spell, oil will go down, and airline stocks will rise for the day. It will continue like this probably all Winter. You should know this 9rj9.

Bye Bye--General Lee

while were waiting for the mouth to respond here's what he will most likely say...

Were getting tons of airplanes from china, those gas hog MD90 will save the company, and can't wait to get those 777, have I told you about my Paris overnights....and black socks with tennis shoes is all the rave in Milan. Everyone points at me must think I'm an American rockstar.

Oh and our international flying that I thought would keep us from taking paycuts, and then thought Song would keep us out of BK, and now finally I'm gonna be right for once, selling Comair will keep us from being taken over by UAUA..yea thats the ticket!

Oh and f the comair guys I hope you go out of business, wait we own you and make money from you, that can't be, f u anyway I'll take the loss.

We're gonna get a huge pay raise this Jan...ok were gonna get a raise... ok well we might get a little but NEXT year we're gonna get.......

Whirehurst is gonna lead us to the promised land...wait he quit uhhh, oh yea we got the best NWA had to offer...were off to the races now.

I get to use the "Breeze though lane" mmmm 3 feet of cheap red carpet on my feet.

BK was good for us, we have great lease rates in exchange for pilot pay rates, but we'll get it back in 2007, no.....ok 2008....but we get profit sharing...uhh wait....have I told you about Paris.

The MD90s will help us (gas hogs???) because they are cheap to acquire ($9 million including the engines) and can almost do the same job as the 738. The are newer than the MD88, more fuel efficient, and have better range. RJs have been our major problem as of late, and the MD90s coming will replace some of their routes and help regain lost market share (to 717s etc) and bring in more connecting passengers to all of our new INTL routes at the hubs.

Comair is just waiting to be sold. But, like your small house, you wouldn't sell it in a bad market. I am sure we are looking for the right price.

Milan is OK, but not a favorite of mine. I much prefer South (South America---Rio, Santiago etc) in the Winter where it is warmer, although Vienna has been fun lately, along with Copenhagen.

So, how's age 65 going to affect you at UPS? More "only night shift" years for you? That stinks. How's Rockford at 3am in the Winter? Fun?

Bye Bye--General Lee

So, how's age 65 going to affect you at UPS? More "only night shift" years for you? That stinks. How's Rockford at 3am in the Winter? Fun?

I love that

I didn't say the merger would be a good or bad thing, only saying the reason Delta didn't want it was because they want to get paid for all their hard work in BK.

Didn't say the price had anything to do with 2nd Bankruptcy. Since the stock went public it has lost over 25% or its value, no value for the investors that bailed them out and didn't go the LCC way.

LCC stock has plummetted approximately 70%, so I don't think investors would have been happy there.

As for the creditors who were in charge of deciding which plan was better. I'm one of those creditors and I'm quite happy how it turned out.

thats life, but i'm MIA based and do days trip to central and south america. I actually don't mind flying nights but hate the cold so I never bid north.

I actually think the age 60 thing was age discrimination and should have been changed, I plan on taking the early out at 55 and move to Belize where I do have a little house right on the beach.

I love that

Well, we all will be impacted eventually, but UPS and Fedex still had overage 60 FEs, (also NWA in ANC) and they will be getting a window seat eventually. UPS had announced they were dumping the 747-200s and 747-100s, but the age 65 rule came into effect too soon to get rid of a large chunk of old FEs. They also still have DC8-72s, which also have FEs. Not getting rid of the 747-100/200s before the rule changed probably added 3 or 4 extra years of all night, every night flying onto 9rj9's schedule. Yes, we at Delta fly allnighters to Europe and intra US, but not every night when flying, and that is the difference. But, they are paid well, we can all say that!!! More 747-400s are on the way to UPS, but now old ex FE's will be flying them....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
thats life, but i'm MIA based and do days trip to central and south america. I actually don't mind flying nights but hate the cold so I never bid north.

I actually think the age 60 thing was age discrimination and should have been changed, I plan on taking the early out at 55 and move to Belize where I do have a little house right on the beach.

Great, I am sure a lot of those old FEs will also bid South (like most snow birds) and relocate in MIA to fly an extra 4-5 years. You will have fun with them I am sure. Make sure you sing the "Golden Girls" theme song when flying with them. How does that go? "Thanks for being a friend, down the rode and back again, my heart is true, your a love and a confindant?" That will be FANTASTIC. And, I am sure you will retire early, thanks to all of those EXTRA nights of flying. You will look 65 at 55.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back