• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal Still Losing Money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAHH yes! Better living thru bankruptcy. Now you can afford to ask for wage increases, start costly fare wars, and rack up debt buying new planes. Ain't life grand.

That sounds like what could happen all over again. It may happen to you guys too. Hey, it did get rid of 2300 senior captains who ejected early for their pensions. Think what would have happened if they had stayed around and age 65 happened. No movement for years. Now we will grow with expansion and I will get my 787 captain slot sooner.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey, it's all true. And, I have a life outside of Delta, it is called Flightinfo. I love it here. Please put me on ignore. Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee`

General,

I will not give you the pleasure of putting you on my ignore list. You spew inaccurate info while personally insulting others. Someone needs to call you on it. If you can't handle the debate then hide and put me on your ignore list.

Have a nice day...

General,

I will not give you the pleasure of putting you on my ignore list. You spew inaccurate info while personally insulting others. Someone needs to call you on it. If you can't handle the debate then hide and put me on your ignore list.

Have a nice day...

Huh? I have fun doing this. And I spew inaccurate info? About SWA? Riiiight. I guess you guys are the only ones who know your schedules, and none of us have SWA friends that tell us? And personally insulting others? Well, only after they say something ridiculous. But, I do not cuss anyone out, and only make them think about what they have typed. If they can't handle the truth, then sobeit. Think before you type is the motto everyone should follow. I do. And, I really can handle the debate, especially with you. Enjoy LBB.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why do grown men act like 6th graders?

I have been asking that question for years. It never changes! No matter what! I think on 9-11 someone was bashing the hijackers for training at Riddle! I have never seen any group of adults anywhere who argue mopre than the pilots on good old flightinfo!

I have been asking that question for years. It never changes! No matter what! I think on 9-11 someone was bashing the hijackers for training at Riddle! I have never seen any group of adults anywhere who argue mopre than the pilots on good old flightinfo!

You have to remember that this board is one part info sharing, one part rumors, and one part entertainment. That is it. If people are offended, then they should go to Airliners.net.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My recommendation is that we refrain from categorizing an entire group based on the posts of a few here on the internet. All airlines are staffed 99% great people and we have a lot in common. The bashing here is getting really old. You can chaulk it up to entertainment but it's gone way beyond that here.

OK I'll try this after a couple of glass's of wine, Noserider you nailed it. That fact is I've met a lot of good people from a lot of different airlines, you also can't judge someone by their internet posts, someone can seem like a total tool from their web posts and then you meet him/her and they are a different person from who you thought.
I live in Hawaii and am pretty removed from the whole mainland airline scene, but it seems to me that Delta has gone through some pretty tough times but looks like they are pretty well poised for the future, they certainly are just as well off as anybody else out there. From what I've read, it looks like they are coming out of BK in very good shape.
The challenge to all of us at every succesful airline is to stop the flow of money from the working people's pocket into a handful of upper management's pocket. The pendulam (sp?) has gone way to far towards the pockets of a few at the expense of many.

At March 31, 2007, Delta had $4.0 billion in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments, of which $2.9 billion was unrestricted. During the March 2007 quarter, Delta generated $461 million in free cash flow, after a $50 million contribution to its defined benefit pension plan and more than $150 million in capital expenditures to reinvest in its business.
``Our financial performance this quarter -- both operating margin improvement and liquidity -- exceeded expectations under our plan,'' said Edward H. Bastian, Delta's executive vice president and chief financial officer. ``As we emerge from bankruptcy, we are well positioned to build on the momentum of our restructuring with best-in-class costs, improving revenue performance, a strong balance sheet, and the premiere workforce in the industry.''

We are coming to get you! You better run!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've been commercialing a lot on Delta lately. More likely you mean you are coming to get us paying folks! It's been kind of nightmarish General.

Huh? I have fun doing this. And I spew inaccurate info? About SWA? Riiiight. I guess you guys are the only ones who know your schedules, and none of us have SWA friends that tell us? And personally insulting others? Well, only after they say something ridiculous. But, I do not cuss anyone out, and only make them think about what they have typed. If they can't handle the truth, then sobeit. Think before you type is the motto everyone should follow. I do. And, I really can handle the debate, especially with you. Enjoy LBB.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes general, you do spew inaccurate info - especially about SWA. It makes me wonder how much of your Delta info is truly an accurate picture of how things are there. I imagine that you embellish quite a bit. I'm sure the vast majority of Delta pilots do St. Thomas turns. Sure...

You don't see many SWA guys on here talking about their Delta buddies and making inferences as to their schedule or quality of life. It's you who keeps harping on six legs a day....etc. I'm glad you and your fellow Delta pilots have many choices.

Just maybe, most SWA pilots are happy with their type of flying and job security. They don't need to be repeatedly told by you that it's ok "if that's the type of flying you want."

By the way, I have never been to LBB or AMA or CRP or HRL or MAF. I must admit though that I have been to DAL, HOU, SAT, AUS, and ELP.

Latest resources

Back