• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal Still Losing Money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya killing me Gen you are absolutly killing me...

WD

Let's take a look at your workforce. What a hodgepodge of pi$$ed off old people. That seniority merge sure will be fun, and I am sooo glad we aren't a part of that. And, you are led by a drunk. But other than that, I am sure it is great working there.

Watch out now, we are getting bigger and stronger, and we will come after you guys with a vengence. Have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My recommendation is that we refrain from categorizing an entire group based on the posts of a few here on the internet. All airlines are staffed 99% great people and we have a lot in common. The bashing here is getting really old. You can chaulk it up to entertainment but it's gone way beyond that here.

WOW!!!! Hey 737Pylt, for all your bashing of us USAirways/AWA drivers, the constant posting of our winter troubles on the eastcoast and our meltdown during the res system transfer. All that and we still made a profit while DAL is not paying their bills and you're STILL LOSING MONEY.

That's a real crack operation you boys are runnin down south:laugh: Don't worry you get'em in the second QT right??:laugh: ;)

NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - Bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc. (DALRQ.PK: which expects to exit Chapter 11 within days, posted a narrower first-quarter loss on Monday on higher fares and lower costs.
The No. 3 U.S. airline, which aims to emerge from bankruptcy by the end of this month and list new shares in early May, reported a loss of $130 million compared with a loss of $2.1 billion in the year-ago quarter. Results in both periods were burdened by restructuring expenses. Excluding costs related to the carrier's reorganization and other special items, Delta said it lost $6 million, compared with a loss of $356 million in the first quarter of 2006.

if(!CMSB_ID){var CMSB_ID=""} CMSB_ID+="042307_MIDART_editorschoice,";document.write('');

Operating revenues rose 8.7 percent to $2.8 billion, boosted by higher fares and increased capacity.
Delta is exiting bankruptcy amid signs of softening demand for domestic U.S. air travel. A slowdown in air travel could threaten the long-suffering industry's nascent recovery.
Last week, Continental Airlines Inc. warned that it expects yields -- a measure of average ticket prices -- to decline this quarter, while Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV.N: said it expected second-quarter unit revenue to be down from the previous year. But Delta is optimistic it can continue its improvement once it exits Chapter 11. Continued...

Why do grown men act like 6th graders?

"And, you are led by a drunk. But other than that, I am sure it is great working there.

Watch out now, we are getting bigger and stronger, and we will come after you guys with a vengence. Have a great day."

Grow up General - you are pathetic! You sound like your entire identity and self worth is wrapped up in the entity known as Delta.

Last edited:
For the March 2007 quarter, Delta's operating expenses decreased 2.3 percent, or $94 million, despite a 2.0 percent increase in capacity, compared to the March 2006 quarter, excluding special items.

For the same period, non-operating expenses decreased 20.3 percent, or $41 million, due to lower interest expense from lower debt levels and mark-to-market gains on fuel hedges. Delta's mainline unit costs in the first quarter of 2007 decreased by 6.3 percent compared to the first quarter of 2006, excluding special items.

Excluding fuel(3) and special items, mainline unit costs decreased 8.7 percent over the prior year period.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Looks like most of the gain was due to lower debt and fuel hedges. Some benefit from growth too.

Good work. You are slowly coming around to SWA's way of doing business.

I'm going to start the rumor now. SWA and Delta in a merger with very tall fences.

(so the general won't have to go back to Lubbock)

Last edited:
Let's take a look at your workforce. What a hodgepodge of pi$$ed off old people. That seniority merge sure will be fun, and I am sooo glad we aren't a part of that. And, you are led by a drunk. But other than that, I am sure it is great working there.

Watch out now, we are getting bigger and stronger, and we will come after you guys with a vengence. Have a great day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

AAHH yes! Better living thru bankruptcy. Now you can afford to ask for wage increases, start costly fare wars, and rack up debt buying new planes. Ain't life grand.

Last edited:
Come on guys, this is the airline industry, not the NFL.

"And, you are led by a drunk. But other than that, I am sure it is great working there.

Watch out now, we are getting bigger and stronger, and we will come after you guys with a vengence. Have a great day."

Grow up General - you are pathetic! You sound like your entire identity and self worth is wrapped up in the entity known as Delta.

Hey, it's all true. And, I have a life outside of Delta, it is called Flightinfo. I love it here. Please put me on ignore. Thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee`

Latest resources

Back