DAL/Skywest agreement Ok'd

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

Delta Air Lines Receives Final Court Approval for $2.2 billion in Post-Petition Financing

At the hearing Thursday, Delta also received court authorization to assume the Delta Connection agreements between Delta and Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA) and SkyWest Airlines, which were entered into in September 2005 in connection with Delta’s sale of ASA to SkyWest Inc. Upon entry of a final order approving the assumption of the Delta Connection agreements, Delta will be entitled to receive an additional $125 million from SkyWest, representing $95 million of the deferred purchase price and $30 million relating to certain aircraft financing deposits. Delta completed the sale of ASA to SkyWest on Sept. 7, 2005, at which time Delta received $350 million, consisting of $330 million of the purchase price and $20 million related to aircraft deposits. Under the Delta Connection agreements, ASA and SkyWest will continue to serve as Delta Connection regional carriers through 2020.

So what does this mean for the other DCI carriers? Is it possible they could lose flying, renegotiate rates etc etc. Just curious about the likes of Mesa and Chautaqua.

Changing times!

So what does this mean for the other DCI carriers? Is it possible they could lose flying, renegotiate rates etc etc. Just curious about the likes of Mesa and Chautaqua.

Actually, it is Comair who I am worried about. It seems as if Skywest was extremely smart in securing the main Delta feed with this agreement. I would venture to say that some of the DCI partners will be downsizing or just going away.

I think SkyWest was smart on this one! I Think if anyone gets the shaft by Delta it will be mesa. Although I hope the pilots at SkyWest dont get to greedy end up like XJ or Comair. Play it smart for the next few years.

Yeah, play it smart. See if you can fly the new 900 seat airbus for 50 seat RJ wages. I guarentee you'll get them.

amcnd said:
I think SkyWest was smart on this one! I Think if anyone gets the shaft by Delta it will be mesa. Although I hope the pilots at SkyWest dont get to greedy end up like XJ or Comair. Play it smart for the next few years.

Greedy?? Yeah, those Comair guys were sure greedy. Those rich airline pilots all make over 100K. Now those Comair guys can get a taste of what middle-class America is like. WTF are you talking about dude!!!!!! They were the only pilots who have ever sacrificed anything in the regional industry. Every other group has rolled over and taken it from management with SKYW being the worst of the bunch. Comair suceeded in securing a decent living for a regional pilot and the rest of us have totally fu#$ed it up. If all of us were more like Comair and less like SKYW we might just all be making a living instead of talking ourselves into beleiving that 50K after 10 years of hard work is a good living. You have a few things to learn before you can call the Comair and XJ guys greedy.

If you're making 50K after working ten years at a regional, you definitely made the wrong choice...

You meant 100K after 5 years, right?

Ive also spent 6 years with ALPA and think that if the SkyWest pilots think they can gain anyting from bringing them on, that they are going to be shocked when it takes 4 years to get a contract that is worse then what they had. In the meanwhile paying ALPA dues.

Latest resources

Back