• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal Q1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not bashing you ACL65PILOT, but is Africa really a money maker? I have no numbers on it, just curious. The reason why I'm saying that is that no other US airline is serving Africa with great volume. Is that the reason?

Yes it is. The barriers to entry are so high. Air France has been the only game in town for many years. Now that people can bypass CDG to get to the US it is so much better for them.

The route guys are drooling over the possibilities down there. Everyone here says it is the number one money maker. They love it.

They are embedded in all of the numbers.

I will do a little digging, but if anyone has been at any of these town hall type meetings they can confirm that they all say it is our most profitable continent.

I will try to get them, but I strongly suspect that it is confidential info. I was told it was on the magnitude of 10's if not 100's of millions a dollars. It is cargo that is great for us out of there.
Also do not forget that they are flush with cash, after all if is the identity theft capital of the world.

The direct quote at one town hall meeting was. " You may not like flying there but Delta does, it is the most profitable place on the plant for us."

Deltoids are broken records.

1. Lose money
2. Tell everyone how great you are
3. Give flying to RJs
4. Park jets
5. Take pay cuts
6. Furlough
7. Repeat

Must be tough being stuck in a low paying administration job, all the while calling yourself "air force." Isn't it time for the colnel's afternoon coffee?
Lemme guess how tanker spends his weekends.
1. Call boyfriend
2. Meet and tell him how grueling serving coffee and faxing copies was
3. Kiss superior officers ass
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary

Genius can you spell fuel hedge. We broke even with out em.

And I just won $20,000 on a scratch off lottery ticket. Oh, but I owe $22,000 on my car. A loss is a loss. My prediction Delta will have a massive furlough and close a hub or two before years end.

How many millions has Delta spent (wasted) just since 2000 reinventing the widget. They are either on version 3 or 4 with the new red widget. We won't even talk about the multiple paint jobs. When they get serious about running the company you guys will make a profit.

Best of Luck

Looks like Air Tran did alright this quarter. Maybe Delta should make an airline within an airline to compete with Air Tran.

I agree with Johnboy99, furloughs (massive) are just around the corner at Delta. Looks like the Natti is a good as dead. It will basically be a RJ hub.

Looks like Air Tran did alright this quarter. Maybe Delta should make an airline within an airline to compete with Air Tran.
Maybe you should stick to trolling the malls looking for a date and flight sim!

I agree with Johnboy99, furloughs (massive) are just around the corner at Delta. Looks like the Natti is a good as dead. It will basically be a RJ hub.
I'm sorry, but we don't speak retardese. Perhaps when you're done serving the colonel his coffee you could get one of your superiors to translate.

Linedriver

Better than who?? Heck, Yonited lost less than they did.

Its gonna get ugly down in Atlanta.

On the surface yes, but dig a little deeper and you will see why our stock shot up 18% yesterday.

Paid off 600 million in debt.
Added 500 million to our unsecured liquid cash position.

That is awesome in this economy.
As with everything accounting is an art, and these guys have it down cold. Got to read the 8K to see this.

Latest resources

Back