• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal Q1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty sad when you expect to lose almost a billion dollars in 3 months.

The huge losses of todays companies seem unreal.

But, while I haven't seen the financials or expectations of the other legacy carriers, I suspect this is more typical of the industry in the current economic times.

VOR- It has been widely known and disseminated at least since last October that the 747 "classic" fleet was not planned to be part of the joint operation past SOC. This was one of the arguments in the SLI integration as well.

Reading (and listening) is fundamental.

With the delivery of new aircraft and NWA converting to DAL PWA staffing, the net result will basically be break even, if not slightly understaffed.

FWIW- I can vouch that ACL is a line pilot and not a management type, although he's got his ear to the ground and has some of the best information out there. However, much of the information is available to be confirmed because it's public information anyways. You've just got to know where to look.

VOR- It has been widely known and disseminated at least since last October that the 747 "classic" fleet was not planned to be part of the joint operation past SOC. This was one of the arguments in the SLI integration as well.

Reading (and listening) is fundamental.

With the delivery of new aircraft and NWA converting to DAL PWA staffing, the net result will basically be break even, if not slightly understaffed.

FWIW- I can vouch that ACL is a line pilot and not a management type, although he's got his ear to the ground and has some of the best information out there. However, much of the information is available to be confirmed because it's public information anyways. You've just got to know where to look.

Exactly. Listen, and ask the correct questions. Then do the most important part of it. Listen to their answer for what is said and more importantly what is not.
With this info ask another very direct question and you will have answers that most do not.
Add to that, there is some very good info that is not part of these groups. You just have to dig.

And yes, I am just a line dog. (For now) ;)

When I stop posting anything but pure vanilla information then I would get worried. :D

Last edited:
Guys, I don't get it. The General said last year that their international routes were going to make them a ton of cash. In fact, he was touting that as the reason that they would do better than a domestic only carrier. I just don't get it. Between the international ops and Song....there is no way they should have posted a loss.

Sorry. Sounds like Song is set to take over the world. My deepest appologies. Things look to be going great there. I'm sure that parking 40-50 jets is just part of Song's plan to grab market share.

Sorry. Sounds like Song is set to take over the world. My deepest appologies. Things look to be going great there. I'm sure that parking 40-50 jets is just part of Song's plan to grab market share.

Dude, you're like a broken record! Do you just cut and paste?

Almost the entire industry lost in the first quarter.

Genius can you spell fuel hedge. We broke even with out em.
Africa is a money maker.

Not bashing you ACL65PILOT, but is Africa really a money maker? I have no numbers on it, just curous. The reason why I'm saying that is that no other US airline is serving Africa with great volume. Is that the reason?

Dude, you're like a broken record! Do you just cut and paste?

Almost the entire industry lost in the first quarter.

He's used to doing the same thing over and over.
1. Get coffee for superior officers
2. Make copies
3. Answer telephone
4. See number 1
5. Repeat several times a day and call myself airforce personell

Deltoids are broken records.

1. Lose money
2. Tell everyone how great you are
3. Give flying to RJs
4. Park jets
5. Take pay cuts
6. Furlough