• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL pilots as dumb as CAL pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the guy who goes to fly for a regional who's company's sole existence is to steal flights away from the mainline who then has to take pay cuts and furloughs to stay in business....but the same guy who is flying for the regional would take a job with the mainline....who is stupider..I think you

Where did that great "scope" come from?

I think you

-Plus-Just fly 737s to CSG and MOB and VLD all day and see how much money you lose.....

It's a pity--Professionals in the same Profession as well as the same Union, but at different companies, attacking each other for something none of you had control over! It's akin to a gang mentality as opposed to playing on the same team and pulling on the same end of the rope. Where's your sign?--or Gang Sign? You are giving Joe Merchant bullets for his gun!

No contract is safe when there are wide gaps and major disparity. Would it not be smart to support each other and use the "pull through or up method" to get everyone at the same level? No airline has the same history and that is why there are differences in Pilot Working Agreements.

Instead, let's do something management can't do but benefits, let's attack each other for the sins of our fathers, and promote disunity! When you throw cats in a barrel, who wins? If I am at Airline C, I should rejoice if Airline D improves their contract beyond the bounds of my contract. Then, if I am at airline D, I should hope that through my Union's leadership, that the tools and influence are used to help Airline C achieve similar or better gains, otherwise, mine will never be safe--never!

Having pride in your Airline is great--we all want to be on a winning team! However, until each of us understands the benefits of promoting and supporting our Profession and it's pilots, at whatever airline, as goal number One, our Profession will never advance, and no one's contractual gains will be safe, or long-lived! That's the winning team I want to be on!

Now let's get back to the same old games and internet sport of tearing each other down! Although it does not promote unity, it makes some feel better about themselves--a sick form of self-actualization!

Last edited:
CAL's scope is about the only good thing they have going for them. CAL's pay is not the highest, their management is hostile towards their group right now, they had a crazy bid that moved pilots out of EWR, even though the flights through there haven't changed.....they have furloughs, if they had newhires right now they wouldn't have insurance for their first 6 months, and to top it off they are thinking about merging with United. Their scope does not allow anything over 50 seats, but they have parked a lot of their smaller 737s (735s) that used to fly all around the NE, and are now replacing them with Dash-8-400s---which have no limits. Yes, they don't have anything larger than 50 seats for jets, but that also means their feed operation is destined to fail---since we all know 50 seaters are on the way out. I would hope that the CAL pilots never allow more than 50 seats, and would fly anything larger for themselves---which would be a step we never took, and one in the right direction. But they also have a lot of other things to fix, just like the rest of us.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't know why Whymeworry? got upset by this post. GL pretty much nailed it... Oh, and there are no pilots stupider than the majority of the top third of the CAL senority list.

Dear DAL pilots,

Thanks for being as dumb as the 58% of CAL pilots who voted in C'02. Your ignorance in voting in another 4-yr sub-standard CBA allowed us to use that extra $1 billion laying around to court JAL.

Sincerely,

DAL Exective Mgmt.
http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/11/16/daily94.html?ana=yfcpc

It's OK, it's credit anyway.
DAL guys are no comparison to CAL's. Just remember Delta took a 50% cut and CAL - 8%. Makes you wonder were both were before, ah?

There is absolutely no way DAL pilots are as dumb as CAL pilots.

I don't know. I spoke with one of my DAL 757 friends today and he said that he has not flown since August. Now I on teh other hand, a CAL 756 FO has not flown since Oct 13th.

He said that he likes working for DAL, how dumb is that!! I like CAL, I know that I am dumb too!!!

We are just two idiots, sitting at home and getting paid for it.. Gosh, I love being a moron.

Latest resources

Back