• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or you could go with relative seniority. One compass top captain then one Delta top captain, seems fair, should not matter that the Delta pilot has been at the company for years.

Makes perfect sense for integrating comparable equipment and status. Does Compass have comparable equipment?

Makes perfect sense for integrating comparable equipment and status. Does Compass have comparable equipment?

Some of you just cant stop can you? What he said is no different than what Michael said about the DOH argument. Both are pointless when talking about regional vs mainline. Nuff said :cool:

Some of you just cant stop can you? What he said is no different than what Michael said about the DOH argument. Both are pointless when talking about regional vs mainline. Nuff said :cool:

Nuff said, I don't think so. Show me where in ALPA merger policy there are different goals in a merger for regional pilots.
In a regional/mainline merger and SLI, regional pilots are entitled to the same consideration as any other pilot. The value of the jobs they bring to the merger would have to be weighed and balanced against their mainline counterparts. Obviously if they don't bring comparable equipment/jobs, then that needs to be considered.

The fallacy of a DOH integration is that it does not balance the equities, as ALPA merger policy demands, that each pilot group brings to the merger. The date of hire argument is equivalent to claiming that a Euro and a Peso have equal value if they were minted on the same day. They don't. What matters is what a Euro, or a Peso can buy. Similarly, what day your seniority was minted doesn't matter, what matters is what your seniority can buy. Can it buy you a DC-9 left seat, or a 757 left seat?

Oh that's it... JoeMerchant is NOT a JV player. He's Varsity dangit! Put him in, coach!

.....this is getting good.....

Your analogy is actually good Peanuckle.....In ALPA we have Freshman, JV, and Varsity levels.....Those levels are arbitrarily set by the Varsity folks....

I don't want to become a Varsity benchwarmer.....and I don't want a Varsity player to bump me off my starting position on the JV team...

I like my position.....Why do some Varsity folks want to join the JV team at the top when they get cut?

Nuff said, I don't think so. Show me where in ALPA merger policy there are different goals in a merger for regional pilots.
In a regional/mainline merger and SLI, regional pilots are entitled to the same consideration as any other pilot. The value of the jobs they bring to the merger would have to be weighed and balanced against their mainline counterparts. Obviously if they don't bring comparable equipment/jobs, then that needs to be considered.

The fallacy of a DOH integration is that it does not balance the equities, as ALPA merger policy demands, that each pilot group brings to the merger. The date of hire argument is equivalent to claiming that a Euro and a Peso have equal value if they were minted on the same day. They don't. What matters is what a Euro, or a Peso can buy. Similarly, what day your seniority was minted doesn't matter, what matters is what your seniority can buy. Can it buy you a DC-9 left seat, or a 757 left seat?

Your opinion and you welcome to it. Differences in opinion are why its in arbitration right now, nuff said? Some people on here ^^^^ act like they are the arbitrators when they arent. ;) We know you think you're right and we're wrong but no matter how many times you think it, type it, or say it, It wont change the fact that not everyone see's it your way. Hence arbitration ;)

Great post.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back