• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA meger analysis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind that 65-70% of our pilots have been going at 60 so far. Remember our senior guys have a full frozen DB, unlike any of the Dal pilots. We will have many more pre 65 retirements for the next 10-12 years due to this. This is a fact.

You must have missed the testimony from your own witness.

Q. Okay. And from an actuary standpoint, again to be clear, if one were trying to predict in the future -- trying to predict the future with respect to retirement and attrition behavior, again from an actuary standpoint, it would not be scientifically, if I can use the word, proper to use the small amount of data for the period between the change in the law and today to reach any conclusions?

A. And not just because of the small amount of data, but because circumstances are atypical right now and won't necessarily be predictive of what will happen over the long term.

BTW, what is a "meger analysis"?
Sowy my "r" key is almost wo n out on this 386. But it has the math co-p ocesso so it's a keepe

Last edited:
"You're going to have a really strong airline in Atlanta, and you haven't
been able to say that for a while," Delta President Ed Bastian said in an
interview last week. Guess Ed is optimistc. What is the DAL opinion of this guy?

interview last week. Guess Ed is optimistc. What is the DAL opinion of this guy?

Overall, I have a good impression of him. Whether or not I agree with everything he does or says, I do think he wants to run a good airline and is not here just to line his own pockets.....like Leo and his gang.

Bastian is very smart man who is neither your friend or your enemy. He's a pragmatist who will listen to reason regardless of the source. Many airline executives automatically reject pilot input, Bastian doesn't. Lee Moak was able to convince him that there was value in working with the pilot groups on the front end of the merger, most executives would have automatically rejected that concept as a self serving argument. While Bastian recognized that it did serve the pilots, he also recognized that it served the new venture as well. As long as our interests are in line with each other we can work with him, when they are not we'll have to adopt a different approach. JMO

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back