• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hire Demographic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is what you get for typing with no sleep on the other side of the world.

I would say that based on other pilots that have gotten hired you are competitive.

I would tell the retirees to write the letters. They will just have to verify their employment they put on their LOR's. I am not sure retired pilots can get email accounts.

ASA is correct. They will hire and it could be anywhere from 300ish total with flows to 800 or better. I would suspect that the direction they will be taking will be known soon!

ACL, must STILL be tired (and true). You quoted my post, but answered guys questions that weren't in mine, OR the guy I quoted.

Serious connections? This isn't true. Of course internal recommends help, and with a 12,000 person seniority list, who doesn't know a Delta pilot who will send in a rec? But you can still get a call if your application stands out.

They like people from good 4 year universities with solid majors, great GPAs and extra curricular activities. In my new hire class this year there were two RJ FO's who both only had one basic rec letter, and each from a newly hired pilot. They were both white guys with practically ZERO PIC. They also happened to be REALLY good dudes.

In addition, a buddy of mine got the interview before me, with NO internal rec on file, and I had 8. His resume was just better looking. Better school, better major, probably better GPA.

If you're not getting a call it's not because you're white, it's because your application isn't as good as the others, at least according to what Delta looks at. And number one (or probably two or three) on their list ISN'T how many hours you've logged.

Low time white guys out there, I'm telling you, when they hire next year, you have as good a shot as anybody else, IF your application can stand out of the pack in some way. JUST like anybody else has to regardless of their color or gender.

Bull$***. White males are regularly discriminated against in hiring and school admissions ( as are Asians for that matter.)

Bull$***. White males are regularly discriminated against in hiring and school admissions ( as are Asians for that matter.)

I'm a white male and I disagree with this statement. I will say that some minority races are given unfair advantages, but we are not discriminated against.

The flow ups might not come as fast as those guys think anyway. I understand Delta is considering blocks of new hire classes of 100+ at a time. That way they can fill out most of the classes with people of their choice.

How will they do this? There are pilots right now waiting for MD-88 and A-320 training that will be benched for 2-3 months.

Everyone I've written LOR's for who got interviews did not get the job. All were easygoing, incredibly personable, and had killer resumes and educations. And then I heard we hired a 0-PIC pilot who failed 2 upgrade attempts, is in messed up legal trouble, and had one of our own pilots call the company saying "I KNOW THIS PERSON, PLEASE DON'T HIRE THEM."
We probably took on a lot of great people, but personally, I've lost faith in Delta's pilot selection process.

I'm a white male and I disagree with this statement. I will say that some minority races are given unfair advantages, but we are not discriminated against.

I'm a white male and can tell you for a fact that we are often discriminated against. It's not only well within the bounds of the law it's encouraged.

I have been personally at a young age and was flat out told so. You may have been and are unaware or you may not have been, but it does happen.

We are all one low hanging snot from even having the current flying job we have, much less trying to gauge how to get hired at any airline.....so lets put the reindeer games to bed and say that a ton of well qualified regional guys cant get a break when some "less fortunate" folk (TIC) get jobs to make a better corporate photograph.
Its the same game that has been played for decades.

Latest resources

Back