• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hire Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sure is. At least I don’t hide behind a cryptic name. As far as the accuracy of my post:

1) The info was from the DOT website
2) It listed JetBlue as a National airline, in 2004 despite their 1.2 billion in revenues
3) The revenue numbers my not fit but the rest of the definition does.
4) JetBlue is a national/LCC not a major. A small difference but an accurate one
5) I am sure my father would agree with what I have posted.

Take care,
Todd

Not to cause thread drift here, but JetBlue does not fit the DOT definition of a national carrier and there is no DOT LCC carrier category. Therefore, JetBlue is a major air carrier according to the DOT. You may not like that, but it is what it is. Now not going by the DOT definitions, Delta is a legacy carrier and JetBlue is an LCC. I think the DOT should redo the definitions and have legacy carriers, national carriers, small jet carriers, and commuters. That would better fit todays airline environment.

Not to cause thread drift here, but JetBlue does not fit the DOT definition of a national carrier and there is no DOT LCC carrier category. Therefore, JetBlue is a major air carrier according to the DOT. You may not like that, but it is what it is. Now not going by the DOT definitions, Delta is a legacy carrier and JetBlue is an LCC. I think the DOT should redo the definitions and have legacy carriers, national carriers, small jet carriers, and commuters. That would better fit todays airline environment.

Maybe I am missing something but how does the definition of national carrier not fit JetBlue? They are even listed on the DOT website as an example of a national carrier…at least for the last year available. You may not like it but it was the DOT not me that put them in that category. I agree that there is no LCC designation given out by the DOT I merely included it because I believe JetBlue uses that phrase to describe itself. I also agree that the DOT needs to update its definitions and terms to reflect the current state of the industry. Delta is indeed a legacy and JetBlue is a LCC.

With all the growth projections for LA look for LAX B767/757 to be the new junior base.
Daviator
767b LAX

Latest resources

Back