• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FDJ2

Market Report -- In Play (DAL)
August 18, 2004 09:45:00 AM ET

"Delta Air Lines may offer pilots equity stake to get cuts-- Washington Post (DAL) 3.64 +0.05: The Washington Post is reporting that DAL, in an effort to avoid bankruptcy, is considering offering pilots an equity stake in co in exchange for pay and benefits. Co is hoping to get concessions of about $1 bln a year in exchange for the equity offering plan. Details of the proposal are expected to be released later today at a meeting between the airline executives and union negotiators."

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I remember the last time I thought about this pilot equity thing.
My dad and I were talking about the United thing back in the 80's and I remember him shaking his head and saying, 50% of nothing is still nothing. I think it was a 50% stake the pilots got but I can't remember.
Anyway, ask them how it worked for them. I think I would rather get something more concrete for my concessions.

A lot of guys who left United before 9-11 made a bundle of money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Everyone at UAL after 9-11 lost a bundle! UAL does not offer a lump sum payout like Delta on early outs either. Those poor guys got it bad. I hope things work better for DAL.

This industry is all about timing. The guys who retired at United on 9-10 got a bundle.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
This industry is all about timing. The guys who retired at United on 9-10 got a bundle.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Come on man, who retired on 9-10? Either you're smarter than Notradamus, or in cohoots with the enemy! If you had said, "the guys who retired at United in the spring/summer of 2001 got a bundle," then I'd agree, it was good timing.

Just picking on ya. You probably meant "before" instead of "on".

And I don't mean "you" General, just anyone who retired on 9-10-01, (lucky bastards, have a drink on me!)

Last edited:
That's what I meant. But, if they actually did retire on 9-10, they were lucky too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just a little humor in tough times.....glad you can smile a little;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back