• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, congratulations, you did better than an arbitration opener. Good on you.

Don't take it personally though, you weren't the first group to be confident in an arbitration position and end up having it rejected.

And who maintained their opener was the middle of the road, compromise, final best offer? I would hardly say the arbitrators threw out every NWA position, and most fN pilots ended up ~50% better on SLI vs. DAL between the 2 lists. Too bad they didn't buy your fence everything position either...thats all history at this point and we are all going to live with it.

Your chest puffing on how well you did on the arbitration directly contradicts your argument of why we shouldn't have arbitrated on the grievance.

You said yourself it could have been handled better.
Next time let's hope it is, by including the Reps, and there are no more fuzzy lines in the sand. This was a deliberate test by management, and they got exactly what they wanted and we got a consolation prize.

I hope y'all wake up and realize RA and management are not on board with the pilots. The worst concessions and mistakes in ALPA history have been made when MEC Reps and Officers let themselves get taken in that they and management are on the same team. The success of the corporation is not the same thing as the prospering of the pilot group.

Last edited:
Laugh all you want. FACT. Since that was one of your talking points, is that without arbitration I would have lost 4% with dalpas proposal and actually gained 2% and doh would have gained me 4%. I was one of the lucky ones. Others did much worse with only a few doing better. All did better than dalpas proposal, so I would not be puffing your chest out about how poorly we did in arbitration.

Thanks for the good laugh. :laugh:

Wow, congratulations, you did better than an arbitration opener. Good on you.

Don't take it personally though, you weren't the first group to be confident in an arbitration position and end up having it rejected.

I think the NWA pilots did much better than the DAL pilots in the award. I think the award was a very middle of the road position between the two openers. The DAL merger committer tried to take the high road, starting with an opener close to a final position and it didn't work.

I think the NWA pilots did much better than the DAL pilots in the award. I think the award was a very middle of the road position between the two openers. The DAL merger committer tried to take the high road, starting with an opener close to a final position and it didn't work.

What a bunch of dolts...typical. Yeah, it's going to be really effective teamwork against your management and their lackey/double agent Moak to start up that crap again. :rolleyes: If that's the case you guys have NO hope whatsoever. Ford & Harrison's dream come true. Yeah focus on THAT. :smash:

I think the NWA pilots did much better than the DAL pilots in the award. I would not say be did better than y'all, just better than y'alls heinous proposal. I think the award was a very middle of the road position between the two openers. I will agree to that for certain segmentst of our list. The DAL merger committer tried to take the high road, starting with an opener close to a final position and it didn't work. I would not go that far. Again, if y'all did not take the high road. You took a posistion that disadvantaged ALL NWA pilots and ended up with one that just came closer to fair.

What a bunch of dolts...typical. Yeah, it's going to be really effective teamwork against your management and their lackey/double agent Moak to start up that crap again. :rolleyes: If that's the case you guys have NO hope whatsoever. Ford & Harrison's dream come true. Yeah focus on THAT. :smash:

I think the NWA pilots did much better than the DAL pilots in the award. I would not say be did better than y'all, just better than y'alls heinous proposal. I think the award was a very middle of the road position between the two openers. I will agree to that for certain segmentst of our list. The DAL merger committer tried to take the high road, starting with an opener close to a final position and it didn't work. I would not go that far. Again, if y'all did not take the high road. You took a posistion that disadvantaged ALL NWA pilots and ended up with one that just came closer to fair.

Is it any WONDER this profession is in a downward spiral with these illiterates that obsess over the wrong things????:angryfire
SO f-ing stupid!

Well, this thread has come to an end with the village idiots re-hashing the tired old seniority list arguements.

Meanwhile, things like scope relief and retired pilots with full pensions flying part-time will pass........

Hockeypilot:

After you decertify - what next?

A weak in house union? No union? Teamsters, who destroyed scope with their support for the GoJets fiasco?

I completely understand your frustration, but we need an end game pretty well figured out before we harm our bargaining Rep. In a decade, I have not been able to figure out a better end game than to try to fix the union we have. Go to your LEC meeting, run against your Reps, try to turn the political tide... etc.
FIN, of your current elected Reps, which ones were elected because their goal was to keep the status quo?

Latest resources

Back