• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal/jal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny that this post and others talk about JAL giving up WB's and DAL doing all the Pacific flying. Then this press release talks about JAL flying to DTW.....in what a 737 ...good thing this place is just for rumors..

Funny that this post and others talk about JAL giving up WB's and DAL doing all the Pacific flying. Then this press release talks about JAL flying to DTW.....in what a 737 ...good thing this place is just for rumors..

No JAL will fly it a B777 or B747-400, but we'll get a flow-up/flow-down agreement in place to keep the troops happy. Remember, JAL pilots are all well qualified pilots with thousands of hours of flight time and we should work with them not against them. As with Compass, there's no flying that we do that they should not do as well.

Last edited:
No JAL will fly it a B777 or B747-400, but we'll get a flow-up/flow-down agreement in place to keep the troops happy. Remember JAL pilot are all well qualified pilots with thousands of hours of flight time and we should work with them not against them.

Not likely. We will fly the a/c painted in JAL colors as some kind of scope end around of the very expensive JAL pilots contract. Plus remember everybody said they are dumping all WB's... LOL

I am sure Compass has some good people, nonetheless, hiring at Delta should be focused on hiring the best pilots, not just a bunch of pilots who where willing to fly OUR jets at a fraction of the price.

Good point, on a recent Compass flight the CA looked very young and had the hair gell "bed head" look...fine for going to the bar with your bros, but I think it looks pretty lame at work ....regardless, it looks pretty unprofessional. Saying that, of course anyone can find a pilot at mainline who also looks unprofessional....

I am sure they dont want all of what is coming through the flow.....one pilot like that will ruin it for the rest as I am sure Delta will find a way around the flow once they are encountered with one pilot that they would not have chosen.

Weeding out any bad apples can easily be done during training. Every airline has its bad apples. Most of the pilots at Compass have extensive experience and are professional.

Weeding out any bad apples can easily be done during training. Every airline has its bad apples. Most of the pilots at Compass have extensive experience and are professional.

The exact words I have heard about the exact same topic ;)

I don't think this is the problem. Delta guys want people to be selected with the same scrutiny that they were given. Nothing more nothing less. As far as taking guys out in training....Unless they just can't fly.....which I would venture to say isn't the case with any Compass pilots....DAL instructors will not wash a guy out for any other reason. Delta management will not strong arm the instructors either. Delta is not like that and I doubt they will ever handle it inappropriately like that. JMO

So do these guys at cpz have to interview, have a degree, pass all the drama during the interview or are they just let in the back door b/c they got hired when times were rough? I've seen quite a few backpack types just like every other regional.........

Hi!

I read on another thread that the Compass guys have to meet ALL the DAL requirements (like a College Degree, which is VERY important, just ask PilotYIP about it!). After 30 months at Compass, and after they are Capt, they are elligible to flow up, 20/month, with a max of 20% of Compass pilots in one year flowing up. Just flew as a PAX on a Compass flight where the captain will be in the top 5 to flow up the first month that DAL hires (1st 20 from Compass, then 5 from Mesaba, then open to all others).

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back