• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Guys and Gals...Jumpseat???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It is my understanding that if an airline sends a letter to the VP of FltOps stating that they allow unlimited jumpseaters then SWA will allso allow them unlimited jumpseats."

Unfortunately this is not true as JetBlue has requested to have an open jumpseat policy with SWA for some time. We do, as you may know, have an open jumpseat policy at JetBlue... pilots and flight attendants are welcome to any available seat (except the cockpit jump seats until that comes back). Just be sure to list for standby by calling 800-Jetblue.

Hopefully we will see more open jumpseat polices in the future.

Unlimited plus jumpseats-

To add to what 737Tanker said, we allow unlimited jumpseats to those airlines he listed but still allow two jumpseats to the other airlines. Meaning, if an ATA and AWA pilot show up for the jumpseat first and then a DL pilot shows up, the DL pilot can still get on the aircraft if there is a seat available in the rear. The unlimited jumpseaters do not count against the limit of two jumpseats available and likewise SWA jumpseaters do not count against the total. So the good part is that if we have seats available there is a good chance that as a jumpseater you will get on the aircraft.
I hope I explained it clear.

:D

Latest resources

Back