• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL & CAL... In a perfect World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are going to laugh, but today the company offered Delta's contract! Ha too funny oh yeah plus a dollar to the pay rates, and no ALPA board member. I will vote no, I do not want Delta's scope.

Once again, this came out today.

After reading our current proposal I would have to say that this statement is completely false. Please post what work rules in place at AA and DAL far exceed CAL's proposal.

Hopefully some Delta can chime in on this but the ones I remember were:

-Long Call at Delta
-Greenslips
-IRO First Class (did this change for you guys?)
-PBS parameters (better scheduling rules)

Pay rates were about the same but it seemed a DAL guy would have better work rules and hence higher overall pay. I talked about it with some crash pad buddies, one of their old man was a ATL75/6 CA so he knew the DAL contract pretty well too. It was his opinion that the new proposal was well short of DALPA's. Maybe you can provide the link to the proposal, I haven't read it in months.

if Delta's contract is so great, then why is it that I do not want it? My current pay rate would be about the same or less. Not including the international override.

Scope is the big reason. The grass is always greener and now our management is giving us the opportunity to lay on that grass. Guess what, I do not want it! I want our own contract with scope intact.

if Delta's contract is so great, then why is it that I do not want it? My current pay rate would be about the same or less. Not including the international override.

Scope is the big reason. The grass is always greener and now our management is giving us the opportunity to lay on that grass. Guess what, I do not want it! I want our own contract with scope intact.

I understand. I wish there were more people like you that would rather have scope in tact than slightly higher pay.

Our Contract here at DAL is a modified post Bankruptcy contract and not a new contract. They gave us some goodies to push the merger along. You guys at CAL should laugh at that proposal from MGMT because their offering you a Bankruptcy contract plus $1. Dont fall for it! Its nothing close to what yall proposed.

I'm with you guys, FUPM!! :beer:

NEVER SELL SCOPE! With out it your job can be outsourced and thus your pay rates are worthless.

that is a good point. Our management has clearly called it a post bankruptcy legacy contract.

CAL management has clearly underestimated this pilot group. I have seen them try to bargain with our furloughed pilots, try to extend the current POS contract and now offer this?

It's ok. I do not take it on a personal level. Our joke of a management wants the best numbers they can get. It's the only way they can succeed and justify bonuses and promotions. I would do the same if I came from Harvard and didn't know how to run an airline.

While I find it semi funny (that management can't do any better than Delta +1$) I also see some good in it-

1) Delta is a post bankruptcy contract. Now the Union can go back and say.. sure, lets look at pre bankruptcy contract and talk!

2) What are the rules governing RJ's to mainline flying at Delta? Thought there was something at Delta that limited the amount of RJ's compared to mainline aircraft.

3) Lets not forget the $1.2 Billion that was used to sweeten the pot for the Delta/NWA merged pilot group.

4) No Retro = No vote.

5) Does Delta have a 100 seater agreement in their contract?

6) As far as guys saying they would make less with a Delta contract here, you need to prove that to me. A few friends at Delta that are around my hire date here, make alittle more BUT work alot less... big difference~

I guess we can now work with the DALPA group and close their loopholes with our new contract. management has now said that we are the same as they are... cool.
No more 756 guys flying both international and domestic flying. Separate BES's for 757-200 and 767-400. IRO's on most flights.. Full double crews for the triples.. no more 1 Capt and 3 FO's... list can go on and on!

Thank you Management for finally admitting that you have been taking advantage of this pilot group and now want to get us closer in line with the worlds largest carrier!
It's gonna be great when we are marching on a picket line next year, with Delta pilots in support.. cause we demand BETTER than the Delta contract!

Always
Motch

FUPM~DARMA~Shut it Down

We are all very aware of it. You are so far behind DAL that it will take 2 or 3 contract cycles (minimum) and BLLIONS in profit during that time for you to catch up. I know you finally have the right people in the union this time (I'm a big fan of JP) but you are so far behind you will not catch up anytime soon. I saw your union's "what we want" pdf presentation and it isn't even as good as Delta and that is your opening shot. You think you will negotiate DAL plus X% this time around? Wow. How about negotiating a reserve system like DALPA so pilots don't have to sit in a crashpad 19 days a month?

Boy, you must feel dumb now!

-Long Call at Delta

Our proposal makes "A Reserve" a 12 hour call out.

-Greenslips

I honestly do not know what a greenslip is. Maybe someone can explain.

-IRO First Class (did this change for you guys?)

Proposal ensures Business First for crew rest.

-PBS parameters (better scheduling rules)

The PBS/Scheduling section of the proposal was over 5 pages long and contains numerous improvements.

I saw your union's "what we want" pdf presentation and it isn't even as good as Delta and that is your opening shot.

If this was true why would CAL management's OPENING position be DAL + $1 and not our weak "what we want" opening proposal minus scope?

You are so far behind DAL that it will take 2 or 3 contract cycles (minimum) and BLLIONS in profit during that time for you to catch up. I know you finally have the right people in the union this time (I'm a big fan of JP) but you are so far behind you will not catch up anytime soon

Once again, you are completely wrong.

"Greenslip" = red flagged trip needed to get picked up and you get 200% pay for picking it up and your days restored.

Latest resources

Back