• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Buddy Pass Embargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The system will let you book it on an embargo date, but the computer at the ticket desk won't let it activate. I tried sending someone on a flight with 70 open seats on an embargo date, and it worked up until the moment they had to check in. Why it lets you book it in travelnet though, who knows.

Look on delta.com, I've found it is actually cheaper to purchase a revenue ticket on the same flight half the time.

I agree with the part about prices. I was looking at sending someone on a buddy pass in January. Then I saw that a ticket was only $50 more roundtrip than the buddy pass.

If you book a Buddy Pass on an embargo date, they will not even let them activate at the airport. S4's are literally kicked out of the system on embargo dates.

Also if you have a buddy starting their trip on the 31st with a connection on the same journey on the 1-3rd, they will get parked at the intermediate destination until the elbargo is over.

You will not get any help from a gate agent, they are not going to pull favors, they can't. These pass riders are locked out of the system. Just save you and your friend the hassle and do not even book them on a trip that could have them traveling on an embargo date.

***I saw a bunch of S4's from ACC get parked in JFK because they were late and arrived on an embargo date. The gate agent to them what the cheap hotels were as well as what a going airfare was.

This sounds like a job for a Delta Red Coat!;)

Just a little follow up ... Travelnet wouldn't let me book the reservation. That's when I found out about the embargo in the first place. It said one or more of my selected flights were on an embargo date.

I spoke with a former gate agent who said the agent will get dinged if they override a buddy pass on an embargo day.

Interesting note, she also said all S4's are automatically flagged during embargo days. Problem with that is that parents travel as S4's, but parents are supposed to be okay to travel.

Oh well, thanks for the responses. We didn't do it, it wasn't worth the risk.

Parents of DAL employees travel as S3B's or S3's when you accompany them.

My guess would be this is a Connection Carrier employee that got the big hose job after the pass benefits were renegotiated. I loved my pass benefits when I worked for ASA when it was a wholly owned subsidiary of DAL, but find the new deal far less appealing. It barely warrants the designation of a benefit anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome to have pass travel benefits, but the agreements keep getting far less beneficial to the employee these days.

Latest resources

Back