Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AK737FO

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

I've got a question for the vast pool of knowledge on this board. Thumbing through a Trade a Plane last night, I came across five old DAL B737-200QC aircraft for sale.

I was not aware that DAL ever had QC's. Did they ever fly them in Combi or as freighters? Any DAL folks out there know the operational history on this unique airplane?

At Alaska we are now down to 6 of them. N730AS went to Aloha about 10 days ago. I believe that Alaska and Aloha are the only U.S. airlines to operate the QC. Alaska in all seats, combi or freighter configuration as needed; Aloha in all seats or all freight as needed. Any others out there?

The rumor in ANC is that NAC is looking hard for QC's - looks like they only need to buy this months Trade a Plane to find them.

AK737FO

Why would we sell one of our QC's to Aloha if we are going to merge with them anyway? Isn't that like re gifting?

My wife is a Delta ticket agent. The airplanes while Delta operated them were never configured for combi operations.They were strictly passenger only and are late build 200's with Dash 15 engines,hushkits, and the SP177 /autopilot flight director system. (spent more time jumpseating on theirs than flying our own!! :D ) Maybe the current owners had them converted after they purchased them to make them a little more marketable for re-sale....

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Now how is AQ finding the -200's the machine they need? Are they planning on keeping the -200 around or phasing them out replacing them with -700's?

ILStoMinimums said:
Now how is AQ finding the -200's the machine they need? Are they planning on keeping the -200 around or phasing them out replacing them with -700's?

700's are strickly for ETOP's. 200's are being replaced with lower cycled ones.
AS/AQ would be a nice fit, but AS can do the ETOP's stuff by themselves, unless they want some of the interisland gates and market.

Latest resources

Back