• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL and AirlineApps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are openings in most NB jets in MSP, DTW, NYC and about 80 or so on the 88 in ATL. There are also a bunch of openings on the 7ER in MSP. So until the next AE comes out in sept that is where the new hires may go.

I got hired by Delta back in 1978; retired 5 years ago. I'm reading this thread from a different perspective than most here. The posts about who gets hired and doesn't piqued my interest.

Delta's hiring has generally been mysterious both to those who did and those who did not get hired. I just talked to a young man with NO turbine PIC time who got the job offer. Crazy, huh?

Back in the day, we sat in the psychologist's rocking chair and couldn't figure out whether we were supposed to rock, or not....no rhyme, or apparent reason. We saw some great pilots get turned down, we saw some not-so-great pilots get the nod.

It doesn't sound like much has changed; I may be all wrong, but here's the best I can come up with: Delta can train pilots. What it can't do is make good people. Delta hires people. That's why it always seems to come down to that interview. Even though upper management has included some real loo-loos recently, Delta people have always valued integrity. Be the PERSON Delta wants to hire. Your qualifications will only get you into the door.

Best of luck to you all.

I got hired by Delta back in 1978; retired 5 years ago. I'm reading this thread from a different perspective than most here. The posts about who gets hired and doesn't piqued my interest.

Delta's hiring has generally been mysterious both to those who did and those who did not get hired. I just talked to a young man with NO turbine PIC time who got the job offer. Crazy, huh?

Back in the day, we sat in the psychologist's rocking chair and couldn't figure out whether we were supposed to rock, or not....no rhyme, or apparent reason. We saw some great pilots get turned down, we saw some not-so-great pilots get the nod.

It doesn't sound like much has changed; I may be all wrong, but here's the best I can come up with: Delta can train pilots. What it can't do is make good people. Delta hires people. That's why it always seems to come down to that interview. Even though upper management has included some real loo-loos recently, Delta people have always valued integrity. Be the PERSON Delta wants to hire. Your qualifications will only get you into the door.

Best of luck to you all.

A+++ What's getting people frustrated is that they have X thousands of hours and don't receive an interview or do get called and don't get hired. What they are missing is that they aren't the right personality fit for Delta. DL will train them to be F/Os, not CAs. Their hiring track record seems to speak for itself. I have quite a few buds over there and all are great dudes (minus bath robes.)

Latest resources

Back