• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL and AirlineApps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question has been changed, so I would answer it in the affirmative. State clearly that it was not a rating ride and a part 141 phase eval. They hire pilots that have not passed every check. Fear not.

I know the logging of PIC time has been beaten to death on various threads here before. On airlineapps it states they want flight time logged in accordance with Part 61. I understand Part 61 states that you can log PIC if type rated and are the sole manipulator of the controls? Does Delta think this practice is legit then or are they still assuming applicants should only log PIC time as the time that they are designated as the PIC and sign for the logbook? Thanks for any insight on this.

Captain PIC (FAR Part 1 definition) is the only PIC they count.

The question has been changed, so I would answer it in the affirmative. State clearly that it was not a rating ride and a part 141 phase eval. They hire pilots that have not passed every check. Fear not.

I failed a type ride 2x in a row in the late 90s (extenuating circumstances in my personal life I won't go in to). My point is I put them on my application, fessed up and explained it (well enough, I guess) at the interview and got hired.

Sooo, unless u are absolutely certain it won't come up, u must fess up.

BTW, the NDR only shows DWIs and revocations dating back 7 years, no normal tickets according to my wife, a lawyer who has done traffic cases in the past

State, not NDR

BTW, the NDR only shows DWIs and revocations dating back 7 years, no normal tickets according to my wife, a lawyer who has done traffic cases in the past
That might be true, but individual state records will show everything. How far back depends on the state. Some more than others. They are the ones issuing the license. Check the state record.

Yet another question about logging time.

I fly F16s in the Danish Air Force.

1. Sometimes i fly as evaluator in a B-model, but it is the other guy who signed for the jet. So of course I can't log this as PIC according to FAR1, but it is not really Dual Received either. Should I not log it on the Delta App at all or should I just throw it in under Dual?

2. Other times the evaluator is the guy signing and then the question is what should the guy being evaluated then log? He is acting PIC according to part 61, but not part 1. He is rated in the jet so doesn't it seem a little strange to log it as Dual Received.

3. What about the case with 2 rated pilots going cross country in a jet. Only one can sign, but lets say they split the time flying equally. Since part 61 doesn't exist in Delta's app should this time be considered Dual Received or other (basically doesn't count)

Maybe it is just because our rules differ. We don't log anything as dual received after you are instrument rated in the jet, but we do distinguish between part 1 type and part 61 type operations. We just have different "codes" for it.

Helos, I agree. be honest. They realize that in this day and age it is hard to be perfect all of the time.

I prefer to put all my tickets on there and be laughed at than to have them come to my new hire class and ask me to explain something I omitted.

I was told by a buddy of mine over at Delta that the CP will not call anyone for an interview who does not have 100hrs in the last 6 months. I'm just looking for confirmation on this or news otherwise.
Anyone else out there have any insight on this info???
Is this fact?

I was told by a buddy of mine over at Delta that the CP will not call anyone for an interview who does not have 100hrs in the last 6 months. I'm just looking for confirmation on this or news otherwise.
Is this fact?

I hope not. There are a lot of furloughed Midwest pilots that don't have that. Some of them have 15,000 plus hours.

I have not heard that but I beleive their is a regency line on the DAL hiring page, so go get current in a C-150. It just asks when your last flight was, not what it was on.

Is this fact?

I have been told the very same thing by a reliable source - that 100 hours in the past six months is required to "get to the next level" in the process.

Latest resources

Back