• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't matter who you are, mgt knows you are a pilot - they don't care which pilot they are picking the brain of, we are all the same to them. Just don't do it; unless you need to stop by to tell him that you knocked his daughter up and you will be moving into his basement/2nd home with her.

What makes you think that Oneworld will not provide a good revenue stream to JAL, and a more relevant one at that (they already know the benefit)? You could argue that if Oneworld was working out for JAL, then they would not be in need of bailing out..... but not if if you are Delta. You know, the airline that just came out of bankruptcy and bought another airline that also had recently emerged out of bankruptcy! I guess you could say that Delta knows how to get out of contracts, and that would help JAL; but so does AA, BA, CX, and TPG!

Look, I want the best for Delta. JAL would be great for Skyteam and Delta (the company). More of that synergy stuff would happen. I am not convinced that there is any benefit to pilots; which is my sole concern.

Trust me management does not give two hoots what is inside my brain. Quite giving me that much credit.

As for JAL, Lee is correct. Skyteam offers better options, and AMR with TPG offers more money but there are strings attached, and if you know Japanese businessmen, that is not a way to do business.

so strings..... Don't you think there are more strings attached to the Delta deal? Aligning with Delta involves changing alliances, miles programs, marketing, revenue management, etc..... I know you want this thing ACL, but it may not work out the way you think. I wouldn't get too excited about your A seat anytime soon, unless you go to VA and are willing to trade 'fun' for money. More power to you though, I would be pleasantly surprised if Delta beats out Oneworld/TPG - still not convinced it's good for the young'uns at Delta if it does work out.

DL flies to all of Asia, Hawaii, LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA, MSP, DTW, JFK, ATL, etc....., and KLM and AF fly to CDG and AMS. It just is a better combo, and Tokyo agrees. We'll see...
If I remember correctly, NWA has rights to Tokyo and beyond from 11 U.S. cities. Only using 6 or 7 of them now. LAX,SFO,PDX,SEA,MSP,DTW,NYC. One of the dormant cities is DFW. Large potential for Asia growth out of the U.S. Especially with the flexibility of 787 service.

so strings..... Don't you think there are more strings attached to the Delta deal? Aligning with Delta involves changing alliances, miles programs, marketing, revenue management, etc..... I know you want this thing ACL, but it may not work out the way you think. I wouldn't get too excited about your A seat anytime soon, unless you go to VA and are willing to trade 'fun' for money. More power to you though, I would be pleasantly surprised if Delta beats out Oneworld/TPG - still not convinced it's good for the young'uns at Delta if it does work out.

really?

I had an A seat for eight years. Not looking anxious to get there any sooner than my seniority allows. Personally, I love sitting reserve watching my family grow up.

Honestly, it may end up as you fear, but it will end up worse if we do not do something in the Far East. A lot of feed that supports our current flying will be gone. A lot more than would be gone if we had to give all of NRT up.

If I remember correctly, NWA has rights to Tokyo and beyond from 11 U.S. cities. Only using 6 or 7 of them now. LAX,SFO,PDX,SEA,MSP,DTW,NYC. One of the dormant cities is DFW. Large potential for Asia growth out of the U.S. Especially with the flexibility of 787 service.

You are correct sir, and DFW has lots of options. KLM flies to AMS from there and AF is probably going to start CDG service again.

Heyas,

IF the JAL think happens, AMR will be pissed.

IF we start flying NRT from DFW, AMR will be pissed

IF we start flying NRT from DFW AND plunking down 10-12 city pairs to/from DFW and make it a "focus city" to feed it, AMR will be REALLY pissed.

IF this happens, AMR will be shut out of Asia, and they will be REALLY, REALLY pissed.

They'll come back hard and woe betide anyone who is part of their vengence (* cough * ALK *cough*). They are still a dangerous competitor, and could turn the screws not only on the West Coast, but south of the border, as well.

Nu

They'll come back hard and woe betide anyone who is part of their vengence (* cough * ALK *cough*). They are still a dangerous competitor, and could turn the screws not only on the West Coast, but south of the border, as well.

Nu

I'm sure this year, Latin/S. Amer. is high up on our wish list. It's one of the money maker for our company right now, and if we can connect the dots from NRT to GRU, let's say, it's gonna be very lucrative.

Or, we have the agreements with JAL done, AS done and go buy Spirit up to compete on a low cost structure with AMR in LA.

Not saying this is what is going on, I am just sayin........:D

Latest resources

Back