• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL AE is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 6 days can equal 80 hours. That means 18 days off a month. I have heard NWA has some 12 day trips to Asia, and then 18 days off in a row. What? Somebody will actually miss you? Is it John McCain or Sarah Palin? That suks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bingo.

I fly 2 6 day trips next month with 18 days off. Each at 35+ hours. Commutable on both ends. Throw in a little delay out of JFK, CDG or MIA and I am looking at 75-80 hours for 12 days work...

Works for me!

AAflyer

Disclaimer.. One mans prize may be another mans turd:pimp:

AE 777 to fund out through 2009?

Look at the MEMO on flightops page dated 20 Nov...from GM Flight Ops
Bullet number 6

"The ATL 777 Captain and First Officer positions will complete the funding of the six 777LRs that are scheduled for delivery during the first half of 2009."

I'm not so sure the next bid will be any bigger...maybe a cleanup?

It reads first half of 2009, not the second half. There are more jets coming in the second half of next year. Fact is that they could make the next AE a 6, 9, or 12 month conversion. They could award the positions in feb, but not train them until the jets showed up later in the year.

So ,from an outsider, in terms of hiring, does this mean maybe, and of course that term is used lightly, maybe hiring in late 2009? ( of course many factors involved ) Sooner sounds a little far fetched with capacity cuts in the works.... only a guess.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back