• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 76ER (jfk) new hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In addition to you being branded on your own brain, and thinking about yourself all the time.

Yes, that is true, and I LOOK FANTASTIC. Wow, I must work out.

Just remember-----Lubbock=General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

18 days on reserve, typically split into 3-4 blocks.

Usage has been high for reserves, but should come down a bit as the category fills up.

Plan on flying close to the 70 hour guarantee and sitting 4 short calls of 24 hours each.

Long call is 12 hours notice per the contract, but is often times 18 + hours.

thanks for the helpful information-

Well, in reality I do know a bit about it. One of your guys I met in ATL who was jumping on us somewhere said he got sick in the hotel restaurant in LBB, on the quesadillas. He said he was so sick he had to tell the Captain he couldn't go to DAL. So, watch out. You are welcome. And, every time you fly to LBB, you will think about me. That's awesome. Same goes for Midland, Amarillo, Harlingen, and now Islip. I will be branded on your brain forever. Fantastic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't they make more money than you flying a 737 to LBB, AMA and ISP?

what's a typical month look like for you guys? how many days scheduled for reserve? how big of blocks? how often getting called out to actually fly? thanks in advance.

There are a variety of types of reserve lines. When I was on reserve I would bid the week on week off lines... if you fly the 6-7 trips you fill up much faster and end up with more time off (reserves can't be forced to fly above the average line value which for Feb is 74 on the ER). There are some lines of time that have up to 12 days on call in a row.

Feb the ER in NYC was staffed however hours have been added to March and the numbers are showing way short already so plan on flying a lot. Expect the staffing to get worse for the summer as hours are added and the 757ER's come online (add that to the number of new hires that bid out of NY and down to ATL the last two bids)..... there will be plenty of flying and overtime to be had again in NY this summer....you'll be able to fly way more then 70 hours from May-Sept if you want to.... the average line value will jump up to 82 hours all summer long and all the reserves will fly that and there will still be enough to keep going if you want.

If you're still on reserve come late fall then you'll hardly fly as that's when the summer staffing will actually reflect normal numbers again.

Last edited:
To give you an idea how fast things are moving I am holding a line for March. I was only on reserve for two months! Hopefully, this will last through the summer till I go down to ATL. Helps with the commute.

To give you an idea how fast things are moving I am holding a line for March. I was only on reserve for two months! Hopefully, this will last through the summer till I go down to ATL. Helps with the commute.

When were you hired?

Latest resources

Back